Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Spector USA NS-2 DW (Doug Wimbish) Black Stain Matte - 2019
£3050
Munich / Germany

DanTM

Hello !

I woud like to offer my recently acquired US made Spector NS-2 DW in Black Stain Matte.

I bought this bass a few days ago from the firsst owner but since I don't seem to get along with the neck profile I would like to let it go again.

This Spector was built in th US Custom Shop in 2019. At this point Stuart Spector was not involved in the building process anymore so no signature on the back of the headstock.

According to our baby scale this bass weights 4 - 4,1 KG. It is equipped with EMG pickups and the famous HAZ labs electronics (9V).

The neck has a Doug Wimbish profile which means it has a width of 38mm at the nut and shape that I would describe as a "U". Fretboard is made from a lovely piece of Pau Ferro. Body wings are made from beautiful quilted maple.

As you can see on the pictures it is finished in a beautiful black stain matte. There are hardly any signs of use so conditionwise almost new.

To my ears the sound is very modern and hi-fi ... exactly what you would expect from a pair of EMGs.

Included is a high quality Spector Hard Case and a set of Dunlop Strap Locks. THe bass is strung with a set of 50 - 110 Rotosound and tuned to D STandard (DGCF)

The bass is located in Munich / Germany. You can pick it up or I will send it to you but be aware that shipping is quite expensive (DHL within the EU --> 60 EUR)

I only want what I paid so my asking price is SOLD5.thumb.jpg.75c7c23e5787c23f34264add99dcd800.jpg or whatever this is in GBP for the bass incl. costs of shipping within the European Union. Please be informed that I don't/can't accept payment in GBP.

I won't go below this price so please do not try to make lowball offers.

I might also consider trade (+cash) offers.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Daniel

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Edited by DanTM
  • Like 9

I have a Euro Doug Wimbish bass and absolutely love it. The nut width is narrow but if you're a Jazz Bass fan, the necks on these are even more comfortable if you can imagine that. Sadly, the price is way out of my league but good luck with the sale.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damonjames said:

What a gorgeous bass!!! Great price for a USA, sure it won’t stay around long 😉

Fully agree, stunning bass and I really, really hope it won't stay around long before I start convincing myself that I can get used to a neck with 1.5'' nut width 😎

• Like 1

To help you undecided people to make a clever decision I decided to cover the shipping costs on my own.

So that means --> SOLD incl. shipping within the European Union

Thanks,
Dan

Edited by DanTM
Sold

Hey everyone,

Thank you for offering some interesting trade options. I am still checking one or two.

But since I prefer to receive cash I would like to lower my requested price incl. shipping within the European Union to SOLD

(I also listed this bass on REVERB now)

Edited by DanTM
Sold

• Kev locked this topic