Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - Fender Japan Jazz Bass JB62-58US in Candy Apple Red
£700
Edinburgh

NikNik

Fender Japan Jazz Bass, non-export AFAIK, in Candy Apple Red with matching headstock. Year dates as 'I' plus six digits, so around '89/'90. Mint green 'guard and currently sporting a '60/'61 stackpot circuit, though the original VVT circuit and plate will be supplied at sale price, along with a Fender Tweed case.

Absolutely no issues and has a nice, tight Jazz Bass sound; even acoustically it has some bite! Listed as in very good condition. No trades or swaps, please.

20201005_090635_resized.jpg

20201005_090645_resized.jpg

20201005_090654_resized.jpg

20201005_090735_resized.jpg

Edited by NikNik
  • Like 13

21 hours ago, johnDeereJack said:

Oh, why do you have such a gorgeous bass for sale, and why do you have to be in Edinburgh too? That's no fair, the temptation is overwhelming! 

Do you know if the pickup spacing is 60's or 70's?

It'll be '60s.

Selling as just bought back one that I should never have let go!

7 hours ago, NikNik said:

It'll be '60s.

Selling as just bought back one that I should never have let go!

Ah yes, of course it'll be 60's spacing if it's a JB62! Sorry, I must have missed that the first time around - too busy drooling over the pictures! 🤤

Am sure you won't have any trouble selling this, it's feckin gorgeous... in fact, I'm surprised it's still here! 

Incidentally, didn't these models come with the grounding strap between the bridge and the bridge pickup, or was that only the US 62RI basses? 

Thanks 

4 hours ago, johnDeereJack said:

Incidentally, didn't these models come with the grounding strap between the bridge and the bridge pickup, or was that only the US 62RI basses? 

Thanks 

Usually, the Jap JBs had the authentic-width strip but this one, being an odd-ball, doesn't have it.

• 2 weeks later...