Why become a member? ×

Is this nut ok?

Radchenko

That's terrible I don't think a proper luthier would pass that off I'd take it back mate it looks like it's been done with a dremel as the material is marked and looks rough on the edges almost like melted but it is hard to tell just from the picture

Edited by Thunderbird

1 hour ago, Radchenko said:

Hello,

A luthier made me this nut. Do you think is ok please?.

Is neccesary the lines be straight?

Thank you.

IMG_20201006_180616.jpg

That’s a nasty looking bit of work. Your strings are going to catch when tuning, especially on the G.

That looks a bit of (cheap) plastic, and the work dosen`t look very professional. I know the image is a bit magnified but.. i don`t know if you can call that señorluthier. I think that depends on the context. Was this charged as low cost and fast solution or as premium service? Nonetheless, that might be a perfectly funcional nut.

48 minutes ago, A.G.E.N.T.E. said:

That looks a bit of (cheap) plastic, and the work dosen`t look very professional. I know the image is a bit magnified but.. i don`t know if you can call that señorluthier. I think that depends on the context. Was this charged as low cost and fast solution or as premium service? Nonetheless, that might be a perfectly funcional nut.

Thank you,

Actually is carbono 😞