Why become a member? ×

Carry straps for hardshell case

glassmoon

So, I  have a stunning Trace Elliot hardshell case made by Hiscox Cases. Inasmuch as it's fabulous protection, it's hugely impractical for taking on a train (which I do a lot). I've senn (back in my South Africa days) a strap system which enabled a hardshell case to be slung acros the back like a gig bag. Brilliant.

Now, does anyone know if such a system is either readily available or possibly if anyone makes or could make such a thing? And before you ask, yes, I did ask Hiscox but no reply (which surprised me).

If there was a trade forum here, I'd be more likely to trade for a quality gig bag, but as that is not happening, lemons for lemonade...

Many thanks in advance 

Julian

i have considered this before as I use Hiscox cases for all my instruments.  I found this but never got round to buying one as i mainly use my car for transporting and the the trips using public transport where it would have been useful never happened.

This thing

not sure how the fit would be on a Hiscox but i guess you could send it back if it's not suitable. there are some other options as well from Gewa and ortega.

Gewa

Ortega

Matt

@Matt P: that sir, is exactly what I want - love that!  The £25 options look really cool - not sure if the back pad is a better option (for my comfort) over the other which looks a little more solid for the case... but as you say, I can always send it back.

Many, many thanks!!!!

Julian

10 minutes ago, glassmoon said:

@Matt P: that sir, is exactly what I want - love that!  The £25 options look really cool - not sure if the back pad is a better option (for my comfort) over the other which looks a little more solid for the case... but as you say, I can always send it back.

Many, many thanks!!!!

Julian

no problem, please report back when you get a chance to test one, i think at last count i had 11 Hiscox cases of various sizes so I might be in the market for one at some point (provided i ever get back to gigging!)

Matt

Will do - I wouldn't mind seeing if I can't contact the manufacturer to ask about the usage with a Hiscox - considering they are not hour glass shaped like the pictured jumbo acoustic case - the horse's mouth is always a win - but so far, these look great!

• 3 weeks later...