Why become a member? ×

NBD: Incoming Overwater by Tanglewood Aspiration Dlx 5 fretless

dub_junkie

Just bought one of these which is a bit of a good thing for me as I have been without a fretless since I sold my MTD Kingston 5 at the start of lockdown.

This one caught my eye, and I do like the electronics  package on these basses. I already have an Aspiration Elite fretted 5 which is probably the most amount of bass for the least amount of money I‘ve ever had buying basses.

Roll on Friday!😊

C35AF44E-9ADD-41F4-A794-F147EC207EAE.png

Edited by dub_junkie

5 hours ago, EddHytheTown said:

Oooh nice!

I have always been quite interested in these lines as one who couldn't afford/personally justify a full fat Overwater.

That and I am a massive Rick Kemp - of Steeleye Stan fame - fan and he seems to have played Overwaters for many years.

I would love a Progress bass but as that’s not about to happen anytime soon, kind of feel I’m getting a flavour of these great UK basses for not a lot of sheckels.  

Before I bought my Aspiration Elite I searched these basses on here and read some positive comments about the higher end of the offshore/import basses from Overwater custom shop players. That was a good enough recommendation for me and I haven’t been anything but happy with mine in the year I’ve owned it. Figuring therefore this deluxe fretless 5 is going to be a great addition.
And been informed it’s going to arrive Thursday now which is the icing on the cake for this week🤞🙂

4 hours ago, EddHytheTown said:

Cor, is that an Original series on the right?

Bloody cool looking basses I think.

It certainly is. She was back to the Overwater factory last year for a refret and some general TLC. Got to admit I removed the filter preamp earlier this year as I just couldn’t settle on a sound I liked so she’s got a John East Uni Pre in her now.

• 2 weeks later...

Gumtree. I think it was the same bass that was on Facebook marketplace at £400 a few weeks before. It was advertised at £333 on gumtree but after a spot of haggling, seller very kindly offered to do it for £300 including shipping. Came with a heavy duty Warwick rockbag too.

7 hours ago, dub_junkie said:

Gumtree. I think it was the same bass that was on Facebook marketplace at £400 a few weeks before. It was advertised at £333 on gumtree but after a spot of haggling, seller very kindly offered to do it for £300 including shipping. Came with a heavy duty Warwick rockbag too.

Sounds like a good deal that!