Why become a member? ×

SOLD Godin ACS SA electro-classical guitar with synth access
£625
Swindon

The Godin ACS SA is a beautifully made semi-solid nylon-string electric guitar with synth access. Used acoustically it is loud enough for solo practice.

The neck is like that of a regular classical guitar but less chunky, with a nut width of approximately 49mm (1.15/16in).

The nylon-string output from the well-balanced piezo pickup under the compensated saddle is via a standard 1/4-inch jack and is controlled by a volume slider and 3-band EQ sliders with switchable mid frequency. Battery power consumption is extremely low.

The guitar can also function as a synth controller when connected to a Roland or Axon guitar synth using the included 13-pin cable, through which it also draws power for the synth circuitry. The fourth slider controls synth volume, and the two push-buttons correspond to S1 and S2 in the Roland system. I used to have a guitar synth, and this guitar tracks far better than any add-on GK pickup I have used. If you don't want to use the synth function you can safely forget about it though! 

It is currently strung with D'Addario Pro-Arté hard-tension strings. This does not make the guitar 'harder' to play - on the contrary, you can dig in more (especially with a plectrum) without causing buzzing and tuning issues. They could do with changing, but I am including a fresh set plus a set of Savarez strings as spares.

I played this very guitar, with a plectrum, on this demoDon't Speak solo

Comes with thickly padded Tribal Planet gig bag (with neck support), instructions, correct Allen key for the truss rod, and Schaller strap locks to match the strap buttons on the guitar.

There are a few minor scuffs and scratches, otherwise the photos give a good indication of the guitar's overall condition. The dots in the close-up pic of the bridge are tiny raindrops btw!

Price is £625 £575 £525 collected from Swindon, Wiltshire. I can't offer courier delivery as I don't have a hard case so as to be able to insure against damage. However, I may be able to deliver to your home or workplace in person for a contribution towards my diesel costs - PM me with your location if you want to discuss this option. No trades thanks.

bB3Pemq.jpgAhwn3Fg.jpgYTlUH5r.jpgVB8N8NG.jpg
TeZMEIS.jpgAbr3Y2V.jpg6rX4GxP.jpgJIaHWDY.jpgV3QuaDJ.jpg

Edited by JapanAxe
  • Like 5

21 hours ago, songofthewind said:

Very interesting instrument. Do my eyes deceive me, or is the fingerboard slightly radiused? That should make for great playability.

Yes the fretboard is radiused, I estimate between 15 and 20 inches.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...