Why become a member? ×

Soundcloud scam ?

RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

First they say that like my music, and want to release and promo one of the tracks, i had to submit my choice. Then they offer 60/40 split on revenue. Following this they explain how they are hard working small team with with a big network, new label for emerging artists. And then they ask you for a donation of 65 dollars or something. 

Immediately think its a scam but also that they are a small label with much money(at the moment) still not aure 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

I wonder  if the type of interest generated is at all related to which tags you use on your tracks?

I've been 'tagging' the same way for years : Basschat Composition Challenge (Month) (Year) Original. If they don't know why I'm posting after that, they're not that bright, I'd say.

• Thanks 1

That's not quite what I was getting at Douglas, I was wondering if these spammers/scammers would pick their marks based on how the music is tagged? i.e if any particular tag garners more attention , and if so, could be avoided! Maybe it's best to make up your own unique tag, like psychedelic-Hillbilly-womble-core, or somesuch...

On 18/11/2020 at 10:30, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

I've received another comment on one of my tracks , from A&R : "Do u want a label deal?"  
This time not a pm .  Nice try . A few other comments get removed  quite promptly by soundcloud . Mainly the Russian hookers 😼

I do the same as you mate, garage band then straight up to SC to share stuff (love it) but I haven't been offered a music deal yet !!! Your stuff must be much better than mine...

I do get the likes & reposts from random people followed up with photo viewing opps usually from 'females'/robots though.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NickD said:

Oddly, I labelled this months tune 'Hip Hop' (though it's probably not), and the scammers seemed to come in faster. I guess that's a more popular genre than Patagonian Nose-Flute Space Jazz.

I mostly just label mine "Noise." Am I doing it wrong?😎

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, petebassist said:

I do the same as you mate, garage band then straight up to SC to share stuff (love it) but I haven't been offered a music deal yet !!! Your stuff must be much better than mine...

I do get the likes & reposts from random people followed up with photo viewing opps usually from 'females'/robots though.

I doubt if my stuff is up to your standard tbh . I get the reposts now and again, which is nice plus followers . I haven't quite reached the dizzy heights of photo viewing opps though . I think I'm getting jealous 😼

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Alberto said:

The same people, Beige Records approached me today saying that I had been accepted, just had to send 49 Euros. So I have been googling try to see if they are a scam. Alberto

I'll investigate, and get back to you with a Full Report. Just send me 29 Euros for your copy. :|

No, these things are... well, not exactly a 'scam' as such; they're just a way of milking 49 Euros out of anyone willing to send the money. It's perfectly possible that they do, indeed, chuck out a host of bilge-worthy promotion material over the InterWeb, but the added value of any stuff they may (or may not...) put out is a big, fat zero. 'Bin any messages from folks like this' is my recommendation.

That's be 12s 6d, please. I accept postal orders. ;)

Edited by Dad3353
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hallo Zusammen,

Ich bin auch von Beige Records auf SoundCloud angesprochen worden. Sie fordern nach Übermittlung von Musik und versprachen Promotion auf Spotify und Apple Music gegen eine Gebühr von 49 €. Natürlich war ich skeptisch.  Ich habe mich in anderen Foren um gehört, las viel Kritisches aber keine Erfahrungsberichte mit Beige Musik.  Eine echte Plattenfirma wird sicher kein Geld im Vorwege. Ich habe mich auf das Experiment gehört gehörtassen. Dies ist auf Spotify in der Zeit zu sehen, die viel ist. Ich betrachte per Mail vertrauliche beratende  Beförderung auf Onlineplattformen. Dann ebbte die Reaktion auf Spotify natürlich ab. Bei Apple tat sich gar nichts. Ich denke, dass es sich bei Beige Records eher um eine Agentur handelt, die natürlich gegen Geld handelt wird. Ein Plattenlabel ist das sicher nicht. Für mich war es die Erfahrung allerdings wert. Wiederholung ... nein danke

Edited by The Bassplayer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...