Why become a member? ×

SWR Henry 8x8 plus flight case *SOLD*
£100
Buckhurst Hill (Essex)

vintage_ben

For sale is my SWR Henry 8x8 speaker cab with a full flight case. 

I bought this in the 90's so it's from the SWR heyday with the cool diamond grille.  I'm not going to lie, it's been gigged a lot so it shows plenty of signs of use. Still sounds great though, kicks out some serious volume, and loads of bottom end. Just currently languishing in my shed as I've moved on to a smaller lighter rig. The cab itself does have tilt back handle with wheels so is more portable than than might appear. 

The flight case is by packhorse and is totally bomb proof. There is panel on the back of the case which plugs into the cab, so you can just tilt the case up, take off the front and you're ready to go. 

I've put this on for £100, so you'll get an awful lot of cab for your money. But have no idea what's it's worth. I know big heavy cabs aren't really the "in" thing any more, so willing to entertain sensible offers. The case might be worth more to you than the cab!

Anyway, collection only from Buckhurst Hill, Essex, given the size and weight. 

2117494676_SWRHenry(1of3).thumb.jpg.90d09ad90753e3870a042c909e2b5d22.jpg

337724478_SWRHenry(2of3).thumb.jpg.1a58a10a71c4cd3ef64c5c4f7ec431d6.jpg

368830594_SWRHenry(3of3).thumb.jpg.7a71adae0fdc96daeeafc863386724b0.jpg

Edited by vintage_ben
  • Like 9

27 minutes ago, vintage_ben said:

You'll get £100's worth of pleasure just starring at it an imagining the power 😂😂😂

The wife has just about accepted the Mesa 8x10 stack in the lounge... if I brought this home I'd have celibacy forced upon me for the rest of my days!

But I am still tempted! £100 is a real steal. If it hasn't gone to a home that'll get good solid use out of it within a week, then I might snatch it up! Someone looking for/needing a cheap rig should take this, it really is an incredible price.

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

The wife has just about accepted the Mesa 8x10 stack in the lounge... if I brought this home I'd have celibacy forced upon me for the rest of my days!

8x10 in the lounge! Yes! You are a legend my friend (and your wife is a saint).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow!! 😲

This is a ginormous bargain, in every sense of the phrase! 

🤔🤔

Nope, I can't see it fitting into either my Peugeot convertible or Mrs Silverfoxnik's Citroën C1..?

But it's going to make someone very happy, that's for sure. Just not me on this occasion. 

GLWTS 👍😊

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chris2112 said:

Russ I look at that Overwater 7 you have on Reverb every day. I would have snapped it up if it were 6. Beautiful instrument! 

Tis a beast, but it is actually set aside for someone from this very parish... 

16 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

Saves you the temptation at least! 😁

I was sat in the office at 0500 hrs this morning wondering if I should click the buy button on Reverb - glad it's going to find a new home as I think strings is just a bit much for me. 

As for this cab, what a bargain. I can't imagine anything shifting as much air for as little cash! 

21 hours ago, silverfoxnik said:

Wow!! 😲

This is a ginormous bargain, in every sense of the phrase! 

🤔🤔

Nope, I can't see it fitting into either my Peugeot convertible or Mrs Silverfoxnik's Citroën C1..?

But it's going to make someone very happy, that's for sure. Just not me on this occasion. 

GLWTS 👍😊

Was it not you that I purchased a SWR  15t and 4x8t from?