Why become a member? ×

The Bass Vault - my youtube channel

Steff

Hi guys,

I've recently started my own bass related channel on youtube. Being a full time musician since '99, my life has significantly changed this year with covid, going from 5-6 gigs a week to zero since April... That gave me a lot of free time and I decided to try and share some of my experience on youtube. 

The channel is still in the works and only has a few videos, but I intend to keep them coming, especially if there is interest, so this post is as much advertising as it is asking you guys to give me a hand and spend a few minutes watching some of the videos on there - that will help me grow the channel and create more content. I am open to ideas and suggestions too.

Before the whole pandemic thing I was playing for the UK based American band Odyssey, Eban Brown - former lead singer of the Stylistics, Kym Mazelle - former Soul 2 Soul, past credits include Ray Lewis (The Drifters), MD-ing for Coree Richards (Damage), I've played for Michelle John (long time Eric Clapton backing singer), The London Community Gospel Choir, Time 2 Shine (gospel TV show), to name but a few. I also was in 4-5 very active covers bands to fill up the weekly gig quota and done many studio sessions... I am a Bartolini artist, EICH artist, soon to be a Ray Ross saddles bridge artist, and by the end of the year on the artist list of a great UK bass guitar company too...

To summarise I won't be showing scales, Scott's bass lessons does that pretty well already. My idea is to share whatever I might have (or haven't) learned all these years on the road and stages from 50 to 5000 (not counting festivals), in terms of playing, sound, preparation, attitude, gear, everything that is included in the playing for a living thing, from positive to negative experiences, my little wins and losses too. 

Monitoring my channel's statistics, I've noticed that most of my external traffic comes from BassChat, and that is only from 2-3 videos I've posted when selling basses to demonstrate the sound, so I thought it might be a good idea to put the channel on here too. After all, it is a bass channel and this is basschat :). 

So here it is, my appeal for a boost from you, to help me develop this channel, and maybe you'll find something interesting there too, or with your ideas or suggestions I'll be able to create more videos, hopefully useful for people out there and for myself. 

Please give it a like, subscribe if you feel like it, comment and so on... I'd really appreciate it :)

Link to the channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/StefanMarinov

Link to the channel introduction video - 

Link to the first video - 

Link to a slap bass comparison I made some time ago - 

Thank you,

Steff

Edited by Steff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Please check out my channel's new video. It's something different this time - a bass play along track with a real live band! Please have a play and share your thoughts! 

I've also renamed the channel to The DataBass because apparently some guys called Victor Wooten and Steve Bailey have already claimed the Bass Vault :)...