Why become a member? ×

Overwater Hybrid 5, Charcoal Frost, 8.4lb *SOLD*
£1950
Margate

jay-syncro

Overwater Hybrid 5

Custom Charcoal Frost metallic high gloss finish 

Lightweight Ash body (bass weighs under 8.4lb)

Maple neck with a dark Indian Rosewood fingerboard, 34" scale. 

Overwater Alnico V noiseless J5 pickups with an East/Overwater custom preamp that consists of: Volume (push/pull pot that acts as a bright/slap switch), pan, passive tone, bass, mid, treble)

Overwater hardware 

Overwater branded Hiscox flightcase 

This is an absolutely beautiful instrument. It's not hard to see why so many pro players use Overwaters. 

The bass was ordered in Dec 2019, and completed Aug 2020.

Edited by jay-syncro
  • Like 16

Ah, Chris's signature dense foam trick with the Hiscox case - something I've emulated recently.  

What a staggering bass.  I recently had a custom hybrid P from Chris - a 2018 model.  Outstanding in every way and gloriously executed - the attention to detail was world class.  This J looks just the same and a gorgeous finish.  For me, Overwaters are up there with the very best of British luthiery.  Sad to hear of the retirement though - I hope that you'll return one day!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, three said:

Ah, Chris's signature dense foam trick with the Hiscox case - something I've emulated recently.  

What a staggering bass.  I recently had a custom hybrid P from Chris - a 2018 model.  Outstanding in every way and gloriously executed - the attention to detail was world class.  This J looks just the same and a gorgeous finish.  For me, Overwaters are up there with the very best of British luthiery.  Sad to hear of the retirement though - I hope that you'll return one day!

Thanks, I have to agree Overwaters are very special basses. The attention to detail, build quality and electronics are  truly world class. 

No doubt I'll come back to playing at some point but for now, I'm content with the odd noodle 👍🏻

1 hour ago, ebenezer said:

Stunning that is!....is it a three piece neck or one piece?... does it have graphite reinforcement?

Thanks, It's a one piece maple neck with a scarf jointed headstock. I'm not sure if it has any Graphite reinforcement.. Any Overwater experts out there? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Lovely bass - and first time I've come across a sub 10lb Overwater 5er. I'll need to have a look into these hybrid basses! 

@threeis yours a PJ or a straight P? 

Mine was an unusual hybrid - P body with twin humbuckers (I don't want to derail the thread with an image but this probably only serves as testament to the quality of Chris' work) and bump for this staggering Charcoal Frost! 

E725A856-AE7E-4A12-8D7B-13BEA6E1AC94.heic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic