Why become a member? ×

Eurosender and DPD rant

uk_lefty

So I asked Eurosender for a refund. I paid for a service that has not been provided. Here is their response. 

"Thank you for your email. We regret to inform you that your order was already processed and confirmed. This means that, according to our Terms and Conditions, a refund is no longer possible.

After an order is placed, Eurosender is authorized to order transportation services with one of the partner courier companies. The customer expressly agrees to waive the right to cancel the Agreement with Eurosender once the order details are submitted to the selected courier services provider and confirmed for the chosen pick-up date.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please let us know if any further assistance is needed."

Regardless of their terms and conditions, to retain my money after the service I have paid for has not been fulfilled I think is outrageous, they need to recover fees from DPD and return my money. Anyhow, if this is human error or" sometimes sh!t happens" then this is how they don't help at all. 

1 minute ago, uk_lefty said:

So I asked Eurosender for a refund. I paid for a service that has not been provided. Here is their response. 

"Thank you for your email. We regret to inform you that your order was already processed and confirmed. This means that, according to our Terms and Conditions, a refund is no longer possible.

After an order is placed, Eurosender is authorized to order transportation services with one of the partner courier companies. The customer expressly agrees to waive the right to cancel the Agreement with Eurosender once the order details are submitted to the selected courier services provider and confirmed for the chosen pick-up date.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please let us know if any further assistance is needed."

Regardless of their terms and conditions, to retain my money after the service I have paid for has not been fulfilled I think is outrageous, they need to recover fees from DPD and return my money. Anyhow, if this is human error or" sometimes sh!t happens" then this is how they don't help at all. 

I'm sorry, but why would anyone choose to use this bunch of clowns is beyond me, the warning signs are too obvious, they struggle to get things going in the first place, but should things go wrong you are flipped. The conversation I had with their customer service department was one of the most extraordinary I have ever experienced in that context, everything - and I mean EVERYTHING - was my fault, their website wouldn't allow me to enter the correct collection details, and he said 'are you sure you have your address details correct?', my home address this is. The total price was £200 for a UK-UK delivery and he told me that, if that's what the website says, then that is correct and there was nothing he could do about it - again, I must have done something wrong. And from there the conversation went downhill; the guy grabbed a spade, dug a hole, reached rock bottom in customer service terms, and then bought in a mechanical digger and dug himself in further. It seemed his starting position was 'On no account accept that we have done anything wrong, that there is any problem with our systems, and make the customer feel like they are at fault with everything". And then, if the customer has persisted and persisted and persisted and logic determines that simpl;y could not have been the customer's fault, they call in the small print T&Cs :(

Ped, seriously, you are letting down the community by pushing this partnership

Yeah they've just told me it's my fault so I don't deserve a refund. 

Also, neither DPD nor Eurosender have even approached the issue of my property being with someone else. Just a quick, "would you like us to send a courier tomorrow to collect it and return it to you?" would help. 

This isn't Ped's fault though, a company has offered us a discount and we are not obliged to use them, nobody could have known that they'd be this bad. Until there's a handful of us saying the same things. 

Belated reply from DPD advising that only Eurosender are allowed to initiate a search for a lost parcel and contact DPD via their business channels for resolving issues. When Eurosender won't help and DPD can't find their a*rse with both hands it's an all round sh!tshow

Had some back and forth with both Eurosender and DPD. I spoke to a lovely lady at DPD, I really do sympathise with her and her colleagues in customer support. The internal systems don't give them the same info customers have, the depots don't answer the phones, it's a shoddy position for them to be in. Just for sh!ts and giggles DPD today emailed me saying the new delivery date for the parcel is 21st October. The parcel they already delivered on 13th October. 

The kind lady at customer services did offer to get the parcel back to me after I expressed my incredulity that it was not the very first thing on anybody's lips as they contacted me. I politely declined, I'd rather pay someone else/ be in debt to family in the South West for collecting in person, than have to chase the guitar through DPDs internal workings again. 

So some of DPDs systems say the bass will be delivered today! Bit of an issue here as it was delivered on 13th October... So Eurosender contact me to say good news, the parcel will be delivered today. On the same email thread where we've already had back and forth on the matter since 13th October. I repeated the whole time line for them and this is Eurosender's response:

"... The order was collected and delivered, not successfully but delivered what means that DPD courier, in this case, charging us the transport fee. 

The refund was rejected by the claims department and our manager, we are sorry for the inconvenience but we can fill out your request.

Have a nice rest of the day."

So, if a courier organised by Eurosender decides to rake your package and deliver it to anywhere but where its supposed to go they will still keep your money!!! They can't be arsed chasing DPD to get the cost back or doing anything about the complete balls up, just "well it got delivered, yeah to the wrong address but hey, tough sh!t" 

I won't go as far as to call them crooks, but that definitely stinks! 

1 hour ago, uk_lefty said:

So some of DPDs systems say the bass will be delivered today! Bit of an issue here as it was delivered on 13th October... So Eurosender contact me to say good news, the parcel will be delivered today. On the same email thread where we've already had back and forth on the matter since 13th October. I repeated the whole time line for them and this is Eurosender's response:

"... The order was collected and delivered, not successfully but delivered what means that DPD courier, in this case, charging us the transport fee. 

The refund was rejected by the claims department and our manager, we are sorry for the inconvenience but we can fill out your request.

Have a nice rest of the day."

So, if a courier organised by Eurosender decides to rake your package and deliver it to anywhere but where its supposed to go they will still keep your money!!! They can't be arsed chasing DPD to get the cost back or doing anything about the complete balls up, just "well it got delivered, yeah to the wrong address but hey, tough sh!t" 

I won't go as far as to call them crooks, but that definitely stinks! 

A customer service agent at most courier companies could have your box right on front of them on their desk, actually able to see the consignment number, the sender's and recipient's addresses, and all bar codes etc, but if their computer said the box was in Tokyo, they would happily tell you your box is Tokyo. You can't blame the people at either company for this, day in day out the poor sods have to deal with the shite computer system that was probably developed by the same bunch that developed the UK Track & Trace system. I think the days of couriers taking any responsibility ate long gone and I'm now very reluctant to buy or sell anything that requires a courier unless I'm buying from a business who will accept responsibility of something goes wrong.   

The bass is back! APC overnight delivery, fully insured, competitively priced. 

However, on unpacking the bass this morning, almost a month after its odyssey around the DPD depots of the country, the knobs are missing! Either the buyer on his "inspection" of a bass he decided he no longer wanted and couldn't pay for even when it eventually got to him, has removed them for reasons unknown, or someone at DPD unpacked the bass and nicked them (far less likely). Thing is, replacement knobs for these have to be ordered from the US. I know because that's how I got them in the first place! So now I've got my bass back after a month I can't list it for sale again as it's incomplete. 

FFS. 

2 hours ago, ped said:

Ffs indeed. Was the ‘buyer’ a BCer? If so please let me know who. 

Nope. 

Hoping they're somewhere in the masses of packing. But it's just such a weird thing to do, why on earth would you remove the knobs?! Otherwise all is as it was and the bass works just as it did before posting. It's just been neutered. 

1 minute ago, uk_lefty said:

Nope. 

Hoping they're somewhere in the masses of packing. But it's just such a weird thing to do, why on earth would you remove the knobs?! Otherwise all is as it was and the bass works just as it did before posting. It's just been neutered. 

The more you deal with people on the internet the more you realise just how weird people are. I had something very similar happen with an interface about 10 years ago. Guy bought it, no hassle BIN, then within minutes of it having arrived I received a 'Seller Has Requested a Return' email. Apparently it didn't work when he plugged it in. It arrived back about a week later and the first thing I noticed was that the power supply was still completely wrapped up in the foam as I'd packed it, blue tape on white foam. Second two of the sliders no longer had tops. Plugged it in, worked fine. Most parsimonious explanation? The guy needed to replace the sliders on his matching interface? Possibly something more complex, but yes, people are odd.

But as HKH said, you couldn't make this stuff up. you sure it's the same bass :) 

1 minute ago, Beedster said:

The more you deal with people on the internet the more you realise just how weird people are. I had something very similar happen with an interface about 10 years ago. Guy bought it, no hassle BIN, then within minutes of it having arrived I received a 'Seller Has Requested a Return' email. Apparently it didn't work when he plugged it in. It arrived back about a week later and the first thing I noticed was that the power supply was still completely wrapped up in the foam as I'd packed it, blue tape on white foam. Second two of the sliders no longer had tops. Plugged it in, worked fine. Most parsimonious explanation? The guy needed to replace the sliders on his matching interface? Possibly something more complex, but yes, people are odd.

But as HKH said, you couldn't make this stuff up. you sure it's the same bass :) 

Yep! Same neck crack repair and bone nut. It's quite distinctive. 

• Like 1