Why become a member? ×

Eurosender and DPD rant

uk_lefty

Long story short. If using Eurosender particularly off your phone, check all details in the receiver fields before confirming. Then double check the email confirmations immediately to make sure they've got the right info. Mine had overwritten the receiver details with the same as the collection details and I'm now suffering because of it! And once a package is with a courier Eurosender can seem to do very little to help or intervene. And DPD's tracking website may as well have that disclaimer "while this is based on real events some characters and events are created for dramatic purposes" 

• Sad 1

These things can always be frustrating, but are you sure the error is with Eurosender?

It’s highly unlikely a responsive form would have altered your details. It’s more likely to have been the auto fill function on your phone that’s done this after recognising a form.

Hope it all gets sorted for you!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Burns-bass said:

These things can always be frustrating, but are you sure the error is with Eurosender?

It’s highly unlikely a responsive form would have altered your details. It’s more likely to have been the auto fill function on your phone that’s done this after recognising a form.

Hope it all gets sorted for you!

Yes, likely the auto fill on my phone and me not checking the confirmation immediately. But their inability to contact DPD once things are in motion is disappointing 

• Like 1

Well after DPD's tracking system and staff telling me it is definitely being delivered today on Thursday, and Friday, and Saturday and then yesterday telling me it will definitely be delivered Monday the buyer has just had enough. He's requested a refund and said if the bass is delivered he will just reject it. I get it from his perspective he could be thinking he's been scammed. I've called DPD this morning, customer services person kept saying "it's not me, I'm not in the depot" which to me as a paying customer is entirely irrelevant. I've ordered a return to sender and raised a complaint. Goodness knows if I'll ever get the bass back. I've refunded the guy's money too on Reverb and if the bass goes missing I'll then claim through Eurosender insurance.

What an absolute farce. 

I don't think I will use Eurosender again, and I definitely will never use DPD again. How can they promise a delivery three days straight but not even attempt a delivery? How can they "agree a new delivery date" without, you know, agreeing it with anyone?! Absolute shocker. Eurosender just can't do anything about it, which makes me think they're little use and for the money saved too much of a risk. 

I'd put money on the fact that EVERY courier has had their problem days. The world is not perfect and neither are couriers.  I've had horrendous problems with Hermes, and that wasnt me using them, it was a seller on Ebay, which i had no control over.

I recently used Eurosender to post a 30kg parcel to the Czech Rep and it went fine and was cheaper than any other service.  But rarely do people post saying my parcel was delivered and nothing went wrong.

It happens, and will keep on happening.  Thats no  help if you're the one thats been messed about , but thats the way of the world

32 minutes ago, fleabag said:

I'd put money on the fact that EVERY courier has had their problem days. The world is not perfect and neither are couriers.  I've had horrendous problems with Hermes, and that wasnt me using them, it was a seller on Ebay, which i had no control over.

I recently used Eurosender to post a 30kg parcel to the Czech Rep and it went fine and was cheaper than any other service.  But rarely do people post saying my parcel was delivered and nothing went wrong.

It happens, and will keep on happening.  Thats no  help if you're the one thats been messed about , but thats the way of the world

Agreed. Bad news travels faster, but there's never news of things going unspectacularly just as they should.

However my main issues are DPD's information being unreliable and Eurosender being unable and unwilling to step in and deal with DPD when I was getting nowhere, that's what will dissuade me from using either again as I think both are signs of a broken system rather than an off day.

Obviously no guarantee that anybody else will be better. 

36 minutes ago, fleabag said:

I'd put money on the fact that EVERY courier has had their problem days.

It's how they deal with the bad days that count. This bunch of absolute clown do not appear to have a system for doing so, avoid like the plague

48 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

The truth of the matter is that there is not, to my knowledge, any courier that at least someone hasn’t had an issue with somewhere along the line.

But few who have done it as reliably as Eurosender 

16 hours ago, Beedster said:

But few who have done it as reliably as Eurosender 

I think that's the problem, Eurosender are not a courier they're like an agency. So they get you a price and offer insurance but you're in the hands of whichever courier they send to you. They had previously sent DPD and there was no issue. 

To your previous point, we all accept some things go wrong sometimes, but it's how it's dealt with. Eurosender don't seem at all interested in trying to resolve the issue. 

Anyhow, as an update I've got the package on return to sender as of yesterday morning. Lady at customer services said I'd get a new parcel number, I haven't, its the same parcel number again. Website tracking still saying "we've received your instructions and we're waiting for your parcel" which doesn't fill me with hope that I'm seeing the bass again any time soon. 

The issue here is that Eurosender are recommended as a sort of partner by this site, so it doesn’t inspire confidence if they are reliably unreliable.

FWIW, I have used them once to send a Sadowsky to the Netherlands for a trade, and it was a successful delivery. 

Thats the point though - all couriers can be and have been unreliable at one point or another.  You'll find rants about every courier known to man on this forum,  so what do you do ...never ever send another parcel ?

The trouble is, humans are involved.  They/we make mistakes and will do for the rest of time.  Sometimes as uk lefty says, its the sytem that breaks down rather than human cok ups..    Doesnt help anyone in that situation, but its not going to stop

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fleabag said:

Thats the point though - all couriers can be and have been unreliable at one point or another.  You'll find rants about every courier known to man on this forum,  so what do you do ...never ever send another parcel ?

The trouble is, humans are involved.  They/we make mistakes and will do for the rest of time.  Sometimes as uk lefty says, its the sytem that breaks down rather than human cok ups..    Doesnt help anyone in that situation, but its not going to stop

No, most couriers have good systems that occasionally go wrong. These guys have stinky poo systems that occasionally go right.

3 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Agreed @fleabag. If someone can name courier with 100% reliability and 100% clean up rate after something goes wrong, then I'll use them 100% of the time.

Between now and then, you're just dodging bullets.

I’d go with the courier with 95% rather than that with 40% though :)

So almost a month later, lots and lots of time on the phone to DPD after giving up on Eurosender as they wouldn't do anything to help... The parcel, almost one month after sending arrived in its originally intended destination looking like it had been thrown and kicked around a depot. This is 10 days after DPD allegedly arranged a return to sender. 

I accept human error etc. But there is a fundamental flaw in the way DPD operates: customer services see different information to what you as a customer see on their tracking site, so it's very difficult for them to help you. If you call saying "your site says parcel delivered yesterday, but where?! It's supposed to be with me but its not" they can't even confirm it has been delivered, let alone show you any kind of proof. Worrying when you're sending a 37 year old bass. Their customer services simply seem to say "I can see a new label has been applied to the box today" but they cannot tell you what that means. Customer services always try to ring the depot but the phone is never answered. Trying to redirect the parcel seems to have no effect. A kind lady raised a complaint for me last week, but I have no written record of that, so what does that mean? Lost in the ether no doubt. Customer services do not reply to emails, they stopped replying on their Facebook messenger channel which was at least polite if equally useless as those on the phone. 

I had to refund the guy almost two weeks ago. He's now got the bass. I have to get it back from him... Will I be arranging via Eurosender or DPD? Absolutely not. 

With regards Eurosender being a partner to the site or offering a BC discount, I am sorry to say that I don't think I can use them again. They get you a good price and sort things quickly, but if things go wrong they can do nothing. Will I get my money back for the 48hr delivery that took from 22nd September to 13th October? Who knows?! 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

So almost a month later, lots and lots of time on the phone to DPD after giving up on Eurosender as they wouldn't do anything to help... The parcel, almost one month after sending arrived in its originally intended destination looking like it had been thrown and kicked around a depot. This is 10 days after DPD allegedly arranged a return to sender. 

I accept human error etc. But there is a fundamental flaw in the way DPD operates: customer services see different information to what you as a customer see on their tracking site, so it's very difficult for them to help you. If you call saying "your site says parcel delivered yesterday, but where?! It's supposed to be with me but its not" they can't even confirm it has been delivered, let alone show you any kind of proof. Worrying when you're sending a 37 year old bass. Their customer services simply seem to say "I can see a new label has been applied to the box today" but they cannot tell you what that means. Customer services always try to ring the depot but the phone is never answered. Trying to redirect the parcel seems to have no effect. A kind lady raised a complaint for me last week, but I have no written record of that, so what does that mean? Lost in the ether no doubt. Customer services do not reply to emails, they stopped replying on their Facebook messenger channel which was at least polite if equally useless as those on the phone. 

I had to refund the guy almost two weeks ago. He's now got the bass. I have to get it back from him... Will I be arranging via Eurosender or DPD? Absolutely not. 

With regards Eurosender being a partner to the site or offering a BC discount, I am sorry to say that I don't think I can use them again. They get you a good price and sort things quickly, but if things go wrong they can do nothing. Will I get my money back for the 48hr delivery that took from 22nd September to 13th October? Who knows?! 

Sorry to hear this didn't work out as planned. I'll see what Eurosender have to say in response.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ped said:

Sorry to hear this didn't work out as planned. I'll see what Eurosender have to say in response.

Thanks. Am going to see if I can recover the cost through them seeing as the delivery was a complete calamity, not Eurosender's fault but they in turn should recover money from DPD.