Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot experts?

Jjon

Any trace experts out there? I’m looking to sell my rah300-12 gp12 which I’ve owned since new. It has the led lit front and I think it’s one of the last models produced before they sold up to Kansan in ‘91 but I’ve never seen one up for sale before so have no idea what I should be asking for it. Any thoughts? Pics attached. Thanks

E991C2D6-1F60-4911-9CE6-7896FD584F24.jpeg

220D6AA0-D769-450F-8350-A3EB21D977C7.jpeg

037AF158-0366-444E-854B-33215808E0DA.jpeg

844F3B6B-4FC7-4412-903F-012E4C562016.jpeg

This is from around 1990/2000; it’s a post-Gibson era head. I had the sleeved version of this and it was great but the electroluminescent front panel failed and got replaced with one from a combo instead haha.

Not quite the same build quality as the 80s/early 90s stuff but still very much the same heritage and probably still bombproof.

I reckon the valuation from @spyder is pretty much spot on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Deedee said:

As @Merton says these came much later than the early nineties. I believe these models with the electroluminescent front panel were the last before the final redesigned Peavey models were introduced.

Spot on - this was the modeL which Gibson introduced and ultimately died with the brand with first time out. Noticeable things like the red/green caps on the gain and volume got switched to black for cost cutting; the same cost cutting occurred on all the internals and the reliability went through the floor. So I’m told from two different reliable sources anyway... 

• Like 2