Clarky

Percy has quit Brand X

3 hours ago, pineweasel said:

If you got your ticket from seetickets, they offer refunds if the date of an event has changed, so I don't see why you can't get one.

I didnt have any luck with See Tickets,  even the April 29th  2020  was cancelled.  I couldnt get in touch with them,  and had to contact the band's FB page and found out it was rescheduled for May 2021.   If anyone bought their tickets form the same agent, and got their money back, let me know.  I'd heard that if the gig was rescheduled, there would be no refunds.  ?

There's no phone number for them.  Cunning.  They have a silly web messaging system thats a right pain to use. I guess that helps to avoid refunds.  I'll try Paypal i guess

Edited by fleabag

I applied for a refund from See. https://support.seetickets.com says "The only time we would offer a refund is if the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after an order is placed (significant changes being a change of headline act (concerts only) or venue)

I told them I was unable to attend any rescheduled gig. I've had an acknowledgement and await further info.

I tried that,  and this is what i got on their messaging system ..   the event was cancelled months ago, and i heard nothing.

see tickets.JPG

Edited by fleabag

I followed the instructions under Can I have a refund, it says "If this is the case, please track your order and make your request via the contact form and select My event has significantly changed, what are my options?"

Only the automated response so far but they do say refunds are available for date changes so I am confident.

Yes, i did the same.  But since the cancellation was done in March for the April gig,  according to See Tickets, they will contact us.  7 months on i've heard nothing from them,  but as you say, i've done the silly automated BS on their website.  I did it months ago though

Refunded my 50 quid at last.

They kept the 7 quid booking fees though. 

To my shame, reading this has finally made me realise that UK and Brand X are completely(ish) different bands... for some reason I always though Phil Collins drummed for UK and that In The Dead of Night was a Brand X song.

I don sackcloth and ashes...

16 hours ago, Bilbo said:

Bill Bruford drummed with both. Does that help clear things up? 

That was probably part of my confusion... all this 'pop' music sounds the same to me anyway...

On 22/10/2020 at 21:17, Stub Mandrel said:

To my shame, reading this has finally made me realise that UK and Brand X are completely(ish) different bands... for some reason I always though Phil Collins drummed for UK and that In The Dead of Night was a Brand X song.

I don sackcloth and ashes...

That song is epic. Everyone is on fire... Holdsworth does a solo of his life with killer climax. BB is as on point as ever and a John Wetton sings his heart out with a killer bass tone. This is what it's all about...

• Like 1

Opened for Percy's Stone [email protected] The Showplace Dover NJ it was a receptive crowd for our brand of odd contemporary music. Percy was a nice bloke. I was playing Precision fretless at the time and sounded like I was influenced by him, but when Unorthodox Behaviour came out, our keyboardist said, "Hey, this sounds like you." (I sounded like Jah Wobble too)