Why become a member? ×

Percy has quit Brand X

Clarky

3 hours ago, pineweasel said:

If you got your ticket from seetickets, they offer refunds if the date of an event has changed, so I don't see why you can't get one.

I didnt have any luck with See Tickets,  even the April 29th  2020  was cancelled.  I couldnt get in touch with them,  and had to contact the band's FB page and found out it was rescheduled for May 2021.   If anyone bought their tickets form the same agent, and got their money back, let me know.  I'd heard that if the gig was rescheduled, there would be no refunds.  ?

There's no phone number for them.  Cunning.  They have a silly web messaging system thats a right pain to use. I guess that helps to avoid refunds.  I'll try Paypal i guess

Edited by fleabag

I applied for a refund from See. https://support.seetickets.com says "The only time we would offer a refund is if the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after an order is placed (significant changes being a change of headline act (concerts only) or venue)

I told them I was unable to attend any rescheduled gig. I've had an acknowledgement and await further info.

I followed the instructions under Can I have a refund, it says "If this is the case, please track your order and make your request via the contact form and select My event has significantly changed, what are my options?"

Only the automated response so far but they do say refunds are available for date changes so I am confident.

Yes, i did the same.  But since the cancellation was done in March for the April gig,  according to See Tickets, they will contact us.  7 months on i've heard nothing from them,  but as you say, i've done the silly automated BS on their website.  I did it months ago though

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2020 at 21:17, Stub Mandrel said:

To my shame, reading this has finally made me realise that UK and Brand X are completely(ish) different bands... for some reason I always though Phil Collins drummed for UK and that In The Dead of Night was a Brand X song.

I don sackcloth and ashes...

That song is epic. Everyone is on fire... Holdsworth does a solo of his life with killer climax. BB is as on point as ever and a John Wetton sings his heart out with a killer bass tone. This is what it's all about...

• Like 2

Opened for Percy's Stone Tiger@ The Showplace Dover NJ it was a receptive crowd for our brand of odd contemporary music. Percy was a nice bloke. I was playing Precision fretless at the time and sounded like I was influenced by him, but when Unorthodox Behaviour came out, our keyboardist said, "Hey, this sounds like you." (I sounded like Jah Wobble too) 

• 5 months later...

I clearly haven't been paying attention, as this is old news, it seems. The ticket I had for the Brand X gig at Trading Boundaries in East Sussex last year was still valid for the rescheduled show due to be held at the end of this month, which predictably has now been rescheduled again, but this time to October 2022!

With Percy gone, and John Goodsall apparently unwilling to travel outside the USA, it would appear that any gig that does happen over here will be Brand X in name only, with no original members.

I had an email from the venue just a few days ago stating that Jeff Berlin will be taking over the bass chair. I admire Jeff's playing, he's no Percy Jones, and much as I'd like to help support live music coming out of the pandemic, for me (and a lot of other people) Percy was Brand X, so regrettably I'll be asking the venue for a refund.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lowregisterhead said:

I clearly haven't been paying attention, as this is old news, it seems. The ticket I had for the Brand X gig at Trading Boundaries in East Sussex last year was still valid for the rescheduled show due to be held at the end of this month, which predictably has now been rescheduled again, but this time to October 2022!

With Percy gone, and John Goodsall apparently unwilling to travel outside the USA, it would appear that any gig that does happen over here will be Brand X in name only, with no original members.

I had an email from the venue just a few days ago stating that Jeff Berlin will be taking over the bass chair. I admire Jeff's playing, he's no Percy Jones, and much as I'd like to help support live music coming out of the pandemic, for me (and a lot of other people) Percy was Brand X, so regrettably I'll be asking the venue for a refund.

Heard nothing from the 1865 (Southampton) but totally agree. No Percy, no Brand X. Doubt they will refund me though...

I spoke to Percy recently (about something else) and he hinted that the issues around organisation and logistics were getting more and more complex and the whole thing was becoming a pain. I am guessing (and I do not know this) that a lot of these guys are getting older and older and things like travel insurance are getting more and more complex/expensive. Also, some (not all) older people don't like travelling overseas as they are more inclined to have health issues and are anxious that they will be taken ill and be stuck in a foreign country with no support etc etc. The impression I got from Percy was that 'stuff' (he gave no details) was getting in the way. 

I think there is a tendency in the average punter to accept that this business is made up of individuals and that these indivduals have their own struggles; health, financial, family issues etc. Disappearing on tour can be a major pain if there is stuff going on at home. I remember reading Phil Collins' biography and getting the sense that he felt obligated to tour because so many people behind the scenes were relying on the band for their livelihoods. That was something I had never thought about before. I don't think people really have any idea how close to the bone some touring bands are finacially. I was speaking to someone the other day who had to leave a tour early becasue, if they hadn't, they would not have been able to afford the petrol to drive back from Italy to the UK. Those big money tours are very last season and a lot of bands, especially in minority interest music like Brand X would be, won't be in flash hotels etc. A lot of it is done on a shoestring. As we all know, Brexit is likely to make this a whole lot worse.

Jeff Berlin is not better or worse that PJ, just different. Massively different but just different.

Edited by Bilbo
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Bilbo said:

Jeff Berlin is not better or worse that PJ, just different. Massively different but just different.

Agreed, very different.  Berlin  AFAIK,   does not play a fretless, and a big part of  BX's sound is  PJ's fretless, since he doesnt really play fretted basses.

Without PJ or  Goodsall, the last 2 members,   how can it be Brand X.

• Thanks 1