rockdog

DBX 160XT compressor
£250
Dorset

Here is my 160XT rack compressor. Up for sale as I am moving away from a rack set-up. 

This is a 1990's Hong Kong-manufactured unit. Regarded by some as one of the greatest compressors of all time. Review here http://www.ovnilab.com/reviews/dbx160xt.shtml and here http://www.bn1studio.co.uk/shop/compressors/dbx-160xt-compressor/

Simple layout. Hard / soft knee option, preset attack and release. Adjustable compression and threshold. LED metering for input or output and compression level. Lovely and transparent at lower compression levels but never gets unmanageable at higher levels of compression. XLR and 1/4 inch connector options.

I just set it up and forget it is there and it just puts the bass where you want it in the mix. I have been gigging with this for the past couple of years and it just does the job really well.

Thanks for looking and do message me if you would like any more information.

20200807_110501.jpg

20200807_110509.jpg

20200807_110536.jpg

20200807_110543.jpg

20200807_110454.jpg

Edited by rockdog
  • Like 1

A lovely, lovely piece of kit mate. I use a Keeley these days but if I still had my rack one of these would definitely be in it.

GLWTS !

Still have this amazing compressor for sale. I am downsizing from a rackmount set-up so it has to go which is a shame.

One of the best studio bass compressors going, easy to dial in great results, used them forever.

GLWTS

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stofferson
      Pedals for sale.
      All in full working order. All have velcro on the bottom.
      1.Bright onion 2 gang router. £15 posted
      2.Bright onion mini looper. £20 posted
      3.*sold soul food sold*
      4.Ehx bass preacher. £40 posted
      5.Micro thumpinator.  £80 posted  SOLD
      6.Boss LS-2. £50 posted SOLD
      7.Tech 21 SH-1 Steve Harris - £250 posted*  SOLD
      *With metal tin and power supply, will be cleaned and ink removed.
      Saving for a HX stomp so cash is king please!

• By dave_bass5
      Selling these two as ill never need them. 
      Both working perfectly and with boxes. Both have Velcro on the bottom but ill include 4 stick on feet with each. 
      Looking for £40 each, inc Uk mainland  posting, or £75 for the two. 

EDIT: Spectracomp sold  

• By iSeal95
      Hi everyone! 

Here we have an EBS Multicomp, original box and all that jazz  
      This is a tried and true compressor that has been in the bass world for years and stood the test of time. With simple functionality via 2 dials (Compression/limit lvl - Gain lvl) and a 3 way switch that selects either a Tube sim compression, Multiband that compresses the highs and lows separately to maintain lows and highs respectively and finally your run of the mill normal compression sound.
      Works perfectly as you would expect from such a strong, well build pedal.
      Either runs by 9v power supply or 9v battery

• By jacko
      Selling my Line6 G55 relay including the optional Rackmount kit. Boxed and in more or less excellent condition *   selling as I've not seen a need for it for a couple of years.
      Asking £150 collected from Wilsontown, Lanarkshire  or couriered for an additional £20 fully insured UPS .
      line6 bumph...
      UP TO 12 SIMULTANEOUS CHANNELS • DCL™ (DIGITAL CHANNEL LOCK) TECHNOLOGY PROTECTS YOUR SIGNAL • 300-FOOT TRANSMISSION RANGE • LICENSE-FREE OPERATION WORLDWIDE • CABLE TONE SIMULATES THE HIGH-FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF CHARACTERISTICS OF A STANDARD 25-FOOT CABLE • XLR AND 1/4” OUTPUTS • POWERED HALF-WAVELENGTH ANTENNAS • PATENTED, 4TH-GENERATION DIGITAL WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY • ALL-METAL, HALF-RACK RECEIVER DESIGNED FOR RACK-MOUNT* OR AMP-TOP USE, PLUS DURABLE METAL BODYPACK • FULL-RANGE 24-BIT DIGITAL CONVERSION, 10HZ–20KHZ (-2.5DB) FREQUENCY RESPONSE • WIDE 117DB DYNAMIC RANGE (A WEIGHTED), SUPERIOR TRANSIENT RESPONSE • OPERATES IN 2.4GHZ BAND, FREE FROM INTERFERENCE FROM TV BROADCASTING, WHITE SPACE DEVICES AND CELL PHONE TOWERS
      The receiver is in perfect condition having spent it's life in a rack case.
      * The transmitter is not the original that came with the kit - that one was nicked along with a grands worth of other stuff.    comes with a good quality replacement 12 inch guitar lead as the original was also stolen.  
      The last pic is an attempt to show the thing working. plucking a note gets all the lights lit but the phone camera is so slow it's back down to 2 lights by the time it's taken the photo.