Why become a member? ×

Gloss black Wal Pro for sale at Bass Gallery - in case anyone is chasing one

Clarky

2 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

I wonder what "light, for a Wal" actually means ...

Yep, saw that. Gotta say the Bass Gallery are rubbish at updating the details on basses for sale. Their favorite phrase appears to be "More info to follow shortly"

38 minutes ago, Clarky said:

Yep, saw that. Gotta say the Bass Gallery are rubbish at updating the details on basses for sale. Their favourite phrase appears to be "More info to follow shortly"

I remember them stating that the Ritter Cora I had with them was "sold" when , in fact, I'd taken it back...

The classic paradox - Don't believe what you read on the internet

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NickA said:

Not an oddity it's an early custom with a pro bass neck on it ( they did at first). Worth about £5000 if it's all working. There's rush fans in the USA who will fight to the death for it!

Well, I’d class that as an oddity, if not the only one.😉

Edited by 4000

37 minutes ago, NickA said:

Sold.  Unsurprisingly. Hopefully staying in the UK with someone who will play it ...not flip it for £6000 to the states.

Surprised the gallery, of all people, got caught out by this one.

May have been a commission sale where they just wanted it shifted. Can’t decide whether I’m happy it’s sold or gutted. I was actually toying with selling the Azure ‘72 Ric for a brief  (very brief) moment. Probably a good thing it’s gone, took me 17 years to find that! 

Edited by 4000

3 hours ago, 4000 said:

Well, I’d class that as an oddity, if not the only one.😉

We refer to them as “transitional Custom series” or “transitional Pro” basses - when zeal we’re still tying down the Custom design. Other than the Pro neck it’s a standard Custom series in all other ways. They made quite a few like that around 1981..

Edited by TrevorR

4 hours ago, Clarky said:

Yep, saw that. Gotta say the Bass Gallery are rubbish at updating the details on basses for sale. Their favorite phrase appears to be "More info to follow shortly"

I asked someone one here if their has was still for sale - said it was in the Bass Gallery. Not on the we website  so I emailed them.....silence.