Why become a member? ×

Anyone using an active soundbar for home practice

basskit_case

Should be working but just wondered if it would be possible or worthwhile to use an active tv soundbar with a multi effects unit.

I have a helix stomp that I would like to use in a  desktop configuration,, was considering active monitors but dont quite have the room, I was wondering if a soundbar sat below my computer monitor would be a viable option?

No,  not at the moment looking for something that can be a jack of all trades at neighbour friendly levels

Now I am working from home a lot more (surprise surprise) my desk cannot be overrunun with  bass gear.as it has been.

Just thinking that a sound bar might get me close.

Will have a look around.  cheers

2 hours ago, basskit_case said:

I was wondering if a soundbar sat below my computer monitor would be a viable option?

It depends on the soundbar, mine is as long as my (old) plasma 50" screen... And has two wireless satellites and a quite big wireless subwoofer. 😱

I'd ensure I was running a good degree of compression from the helix. Domestic "hifi" drivers do not take kindly to the kind of "abuse" that instrument amp drivers and PA / Monitors regularly endure.

You may need some strange EQ too, to get the sound that you want. 

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

@basskit_case I have a Logik L32SBT17 sound bar that you can have FOC. It's quite small and neat and comes with all the leads and a remote control. It works fine with line-in and Bluetooth but the connection over digital coax is flakey. When I opened a return with Currys they refunded me and told me to just keep it, so it owes me nothing.  To use it with the Helix Stomp you would need a Y-lead with a stereo mini jack at one end and a couple of 1/4-in jacks at the other.

EDIT: I think a stereo 1/4-in to stereo mini jack would also work.

511YWzUCEAL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Edited by JapanAxe