Why become a member? ×

String ID

donslow

Chamfer on the ball end? Could be D'Addaria OE on Ibbys... 45 65 85 105 is Std sccording to the Manual that comes with the bass and on there website as a pdf.

EDIT: I might be wrong on the D'Addaria, but maybe whatever is Ibanez OE

Edited by PaulThePlug

unfortunately it can be quite difficult to identify roundwounds without silks, i'm fairly confident that they aren't D'addario, fender or rotosound as all 3 companies now have coloured ball-ends, your best hope is that the seller can enlighten you, failing that there are a few lists of what colour the silks are for most strings so you could make a list of all the non-silked strings and maybe narrow it down to a short list.

in terms of gauge 45-65-85-105 is a very popular set, most manufacturers offer it so this might not be much use in narrowing down the search.

if you can describe the feel and tone then that might help narrow it down a bit.

Matt

10 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Q. Why do you want to know? Replacing with the same?

Not so Much no, I quite like the feel and the tension on them so was considering getting the same for my other basses as I’m not very educated in string tensions and which brand provides what, I like high tension as I like to feel a solid string (for want of a better term) under my (especially right hand) fingers