Why become a member? ×

Sequential reissues Prophet 5 and 10!

Quatschmacher

• 2 weeks later...

I think if I had the moment I wouldn’t get one of these. I’d like one, but i think it prefer something with a more varied sound. 

When i got my MODX in July i started getting the old analog sound sets (JP8, Moog, OBX etc). I was i heaven for a bit, but then realised i dont really have a need for them, and thought they all sounded pretty similar. Maybe i just remember them all in a different light. 

On 14/10/2020 at 11:27, dave_bass5 said:

and thought they all sounded pretty similar. 

Plus one, despite the provable differences between them.
Back then, what they offered to me personally was a technical achievement and a promise more than an actual musical instrument.
I'm aware gazillions of synth enthusiasts vehemently disagree, but to me as a synth lover, synth owner and synth teacher, the analogue polyphonic synth didn't offer the flexibility of the monophonic ones, and didn't offer the sound quality in chords that other instruments like a Hammond  or a Rhodes offered.
It al became a bit samey, and it grinded my gears for a large part - though not always. 

Edited by BassTractor