Marky Screen

*PRICE DROP £560 inc. UK postage* Fender Jazz V deluxe MIM with upgraded J-retro Preamp
£600
London

Up for the chop is my mid 00s MIM Jazz V Deluxe 5 string.

Was originally passive but its been upgraded with an John East J retro preamp with a battery box professionally installed as well and the battery clip wires from the east extended. So no more taking the control plate off to change batteries :)

its kinda wine red/burgundy (photos seems to be quite accurate on the colour)

with mirror pickguard.

there are two big knocks to it through the finish (see pics) and the pickguard has a couple of spots where the mirroring seems to have rubbed off under the perspex top layer.

Other than that it's gravy. Neck front and back are excellent, frets have very little wear on them. Tuners (Gotoh) in good nick.

oh and it could probably do with a new set of strings. The rounds on it are pretty dead.

Any questions give me a shout.

im open to partial trades and sensible offers.

I have packaging, heavy duty gigbags and boxes ATM so can ship well protected.

cheers

IMG_20200925_090924.jpg

IMG_20200925_090944.jpg

IMG_20200925_090948.jpg

IMG_20200925_091005.jpg

IMG_20200925_091021.jpg

IMG_20200925_091034.jpg

IMG_20200925_091041.jpg

IMG_20200925_091052.jpg

IMG_20200925_091058.jpg

IMG_20200925_091104.jpg

IMG_20200925_091115.jpg

IMG_20200925_091429.jpg

Edited by Marky Screen
  • Like 3

Love this colour!

Perhaps an indication of my alcoholism...

Edited by CameronJ
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CameronJ said:

Love this colour!

Perhaps an indication of my alcoholism...

Chateau nerf de Slap!

If Ron Burgundy played bass, he'd play this....

• Haha 1

Incoming new studio computer means selling is more of a need now.

Price drop £540 collected from Forest Hill, SE London.

£560 inc. UK postage packed in gig bag lots of bubble wrap and strong bass box.

Still open to partial trades, just need around £300 cash back out of this but the rest can be bass related, FX, amps basses what have you, just try me!

Cheers

Edited by Marky Screen

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marky Screen
      Jazz wiring loom taken from a MIM 5 string in good nick.
      Comes with grounding lead and screws for those that like to shield their cavities.
      UK postage inc. 

• By binkybongo
      DOB 7 March 1969
      Possible trades 4 string- MM Fender Overwater Lakland
      Cheers.
      Pictures and video added
      This is a true beauty I’ve decided should be with someone else who will treasure it and play it more then I and I.
      I had one of these the first time around - then Ricks, Celinder and CS basses but always hankered back to a real 60s Jazz - then this very special laid-back looking instrument came up.
      Alder body with ebony fretboard and beautiful maple binding by master luthier Jimmy Moon. 'Very comfortable A' profile slim neck - slimmer than '64 CSs I've owned.
      The neck is in lovely condition, has a subtle flaming and like the rest of the bass has acquired the sweetest sound, character and the authentic patina and feel only 50 years can give.
      Sounds just as you would expect - an authoritative true vintage tone with a wide palette and a comfortable 9lb.
      Originally sunburst - pictured, the previous owner who bought the bass new. It has all original pick ups and electronics.  
      He took it for a set up to a music dealer where some oik damaged the truss rod which is when Mr Moon was commissioned to make the bass unique.
      The ebony fingerboard is gorgeous and as you can see is set off by the understated mother of pearl dots.
      That’s it.
      Stay safe, stay healthy and stay in tune.
      Based near Manchester, could meet within reason, comes with substantial Fender case.
      PS - I am a professional photographer - the buyer will receive a Marcus Miller poster with my compliments. https://www.william-ellis.com/

VID_20201218_095246.mp4
    • By Waldobass
      1995 Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 5
      Trans Red
      Great Looking and sounding bass
      Hard Case Included (not MM original)
      Collection preferred from Dorking, Surrey.

£1250 ONO

• By LordBarry
      Hi there,
      I put on sale this active Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass 2009 from the American Deluxe series (2004-2009). The price is 1.250£.
      It is located in A Coruña (Spain)
      The Fender specifications are as follows: 
      Metallic silver headstock logo 
      Modern C-shaped, graphite reinforced neck.
      Contoured heel for more fret access 5 bolt neckplate with Corona California Fender logo stamped.
      Abalone dot fret markers. 
      Rosewood rolled edge fretboard. 
      Montego Black paint. 
      Gold pickguard 
      Through body or topload bridge. 
      Hipshot USA made Deluxe Lite-Bass tuning machines. 
      3 Band Active EQ with 18 volt power supply.
      Samarium ™ Cobalt Noiseless Jazz Bass pickups.
      Schaller Style Strap Lock Buttons.
      Alder body and maple neck, with a 9.5 "radius rosewood fingerboard. The bass is light and really well balanced (3.8kg or less, approx.) 
      Abalone inlays are just amazing. 
      The pickups are Fender SCN (Samarium Cobalt Noiseless), with a classic sound without any noise. 3-band EQ and very quiet, with a punchy output. 
      This pre-2010 Deluxe series has nothing to do with the later one. Only good things are said about its pickups, how balanced and comfortable it is. Depending on the EQ you use, you can have from the most classic and vintage sound to that powerful Marcus Miller sound, while maintaining that quality and sound so familiar from Fender. 
      The frets have just been luthier to be leveled although the bass has little use, as I have other Passives and I hardly play it. It has not passed through other hands. In fact, he hasn't been out of the house more than a couple of times. It is the real reason why I decided to put it up for sale, even if it costs me to part with it. For that reason it's only for sale, but I'm looking for an Aguilar Tone Hammer 350 or 500. So maybe a trade for Aguilar + money would be possible. 
      Apart from that I have enough equipment.
      As you can see in the images it is very well cared for and treated. The neck behaves perfectly and has a very comfortable action. It's a super versatile bass. Includes its Fender case. The only visible imperfect is a scratch on the pickguard (where you have access to the truss screw) that a luthier made when adjusting the neck and he seemed to find it too much work to unscrew the pickguard. The rest, natural marks of use. 
      We will discuss and figure out the best way for shipping. No problem, indeed!!
      Any questions or doubts do not hesitate to ask me. 
      Thanks for your time and interest.
      Héctor

• By Heathy
      Due to my strict “Always two there are, a master and an apprentice”* policy, I am selling my 2016 American Standard Jazz Bass. This will then make me a fully-fledged member of the 5-string ‘Dark Side’.
      This bass is a creamy looking Olympic white, with a tort pickguard and rosewood neck. Its retro look is enhanced by a ‘ding’ (pictured) which I understand arose from an argument with a cymbal in an earlier life. It was sanded smooth and does not affect playability.
       It is a great bass, with a great tone and low action. It comes with a Fender hard case.
      I am looking for £650. Socially-distanced collection preferred, or buyer to arrange shipping. However, I would be happy to meet up within a reasonable distance (I am based in North Essex).
      Not looking for trades. Sorry!
      My feedback thread is here:
      https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/124316-feedback-for-heathy-steve/?tab=comments#comment-1137183

*Master Yoda. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.