Why become a member? ×

Anticipations - What do you currently await arriving in the mail or plan to acquire in the nearest future? -

Baloney Balderdash

So as the tittle says, which effect pedals related gear do you currently anticipate arriving with the mail service or plan to acquire in the nearest future (like in the time frame of the next couple of months) ?

For me these are going to be my near future effect pedals related gear acquisitions :

Later this month (October 2020) :

- TC Electronic SpectraComp ( For the first in my signal chain, right after the bass, fairly subtle compression, for a slightly tighter and slightly more punchy signal to my other pedals (currently using one of the compressor models on my Zoom G1Xon) )

- Zoom B1X Four ( For my last in the chain (beside my 3 pedals/units "tone section", consisting of light compression/tube preamp stage -> equalization -> preamp stage, residing on top of my poweramp), reverb effects, placed right after my near future pedal board (which ends with a pedal that emulates a Roland Space Echo tape delay unit), planing to make 3 different reverb patches that I will stick to using, respectively being: a subtle plate reverb patch, a lush reverb patch, likely to be build up by following reverb models: (Early Reflections (not sure about this one)) -> Plate reverb -> HD Hall reverb, and finally a really thick reverb pad patch used with volume swells, likely going to consist of the same reverb models as the lush reverb patch, just even more prominent (as in higher in the mix and with increased decay time), and likely combined with a delay model of some sort placed in between the plate and the hall reverb ) 

- Harley Benton SpaceShip 40 ( My first real pedal board ever, for easing transport and general mobility of my effect pedals setup, now that I am finally rehearsing with other people again. Dimesions: 70-85 x 450 x 305 mm )

- 3 x Harley Benton Solder-Free Patch Cable KIT ( Solder free patch cable kit with angled, extremely flat plugs, for a tight fitting on the pedal board ) 

Next Month (November 2020) :

- Fender Blender fuzz clone from "Made by Mike" [ : http://madebymike.co.uk/ ] ( Well, placing the order there at least, then it will be an additional 4-6 weeks before I can expect it to actually arrive Not sure how I'll fit it into my setup honestly, but have been wanting a Fender Blender fuzz for a long time by now, ever since I first tried one myself and fell in love with it's harsh, abrasive, somewhat out of control, wild and insane octave fuzz tone )

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

So as the tittle says, which effect pedals related gear do you currently anticipate arriving with the mail service or plan to acquire in the nearest future (like in the time frame of the next couple of months) ?

For me these are going to be my near future effect pedals related gear acquisitions :

Later this month (October 2020) :

- TC Electronic SpectraComp ( For the first in my signal chain, right after the bass, fairly subtle compression, for a slightly tighter and slightly more punchy signal to my other pedals (currently using one of the compressor models on my Zoom G1Xon) )

- Zoom B1X Four ( For my last in the chain (beside my 3 pedals/units "tone section", consisting of light compression/tube preamp stage -> equalization -> preamp stage, residing on top of my poweramp), reverb effects, placed right after my near future pedal board (which ends with a pedal that emulates a Roland Space Echo tape delay unit), planing to make 3 different reverb patches that I will stick to using, respectively being: a subtle plate reverb patch, a lush reverb patch, likely to be build up by following reverb models: (Early Reflections (not sure about this one)) -> Plate reverb -> HD Hall reverb, and finally a really thick reverb pad patch used with volume swells, likely going to consist of the same reverb models as the lush reverb patch, just even more prominent (as in higher in the mix and with increased decay time), and likely combined with a delay model of some sort placed in between the plate and the hall reverb ) 

- Harley Benton SpaceShip 40 ( My first real pedal board ever, for easing transport and general mobility of my effect pedals setup, now that I am finally rehearsing with other people again. Dimesions: 70-85 x 450 x 305 mm )

- 3 x Harley Benton Solder-Free Patch Cable KIT ( Solder free patch cable kit with angled, extremely flat plugs, for a tight fitting on the pedal board ) 

Next Month (November 2020) :

- Fender Blender fuzz clone from "Made by Mike" [ : http://madebymike.co.uk/ ] ( Well, placing the order there at least, then it will be an additional 4-6 weeks before I can expect it to actually arrive Not sure how I'll fit it into my setup honestly, but have been wanting a Fender Blender fuzz for a long time by now, ever since I first tried one myself and fell in love with it's harsh, abrasive, somewhat out of control, wild and insane octave fuzz tone )

I enquired about the Zoom B1/X Four and was told the X is sold out with a shipment due Mid Oct. I will be ordering a Zoom B1 Four later.

The Harley Benton boards looks like a Palmer. I have one and choose it as being much better than the market leading boards.

Edited by Chienmortbb

I'm constantly frustrated by the low prices of gear in the UK at the minute. I now live in Bulgaria and the second hand market here is a joke, with people often pricing second hand goods around the same price that I could buy new from Thomann etc. 

I've recently been looking for a set of PA bass bins. Either 15" or 18" and I could pick some up dirt cheap from eBay UK, but most sellers can't be bothered to ship something so large, and even if they do, the cost is often prohibitive. If we weren't in the middle of a global plague I'd be tempted to drive back and fill a van up with gear, and I'd still be quids in. 

Smaller items aren't a problem as forward shipping is pretty cheap. I've just received a blender pedal, and I have a few bits, mics, stands etc coming this weekend. I just wish I could figure out a cost effective way of getting bigger stuff shipped. 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom

Blue Collander Tremond.

2 hours ago, ribbetingfrog said:

tc spark booster

trying them out tonight !

The Spark Booster is a joy.

I ordered a Blue Collander Tremond last night. I've had a few Rats-with-blends over the years, but this one sounds like it's been done right.

Edited by ahpook
  • Like 2

I was planning to buy a Darkglass B7K Ultra or Vintage Ultra as well as a Boss LS-2 or equivalent to start pairing stacked pedals as 'loops' that I could turn on and off with a single footswitch. I had even sold £300's worth of gear lately in anticipation of making the purchase. 

However, in the last week or so the plumbing in my house has gone to hell and I also need to help pay for the pressing of my bands album that all of the missed paid gigs this year would have paid for. 

So, essentially, what I am currently anticipating in the mail is an invoice from my plumber. 

• Sad 3

11 minutes ago, stewblack said:

My anticipated arrival just arrived so nothing actually confirmed. However I am in the market for chorus pedals, trying as many as I can to find the right one so you never know. 

Somthing that might be easy to overlook but sounds absolutely awesome and lush for bass judging from the few YouTube demos I could find covering it is the analog BBD chip based Ibanez Mini Chorus.

For a bit more subtle kind of chorus I love the TC Electronic 3rd Dimension Chorus, which is based on the Boss DC-2. 

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Thanks 1

I'd like another digitech bad monkey but the only ones I have seen are the ones sitting on ebay for ages priced between 45 to 60 pounds which I'm not prepared to pay and I guess no one else is or they would of sold by now lol

Also keeping my eye out for a cheap behringer bod400 for experimental purposes 

Well I have a bad monkey now that was quick lol

Edited by Thunderbird
  • Like 1

On 02/10/2020 at 18:34, ahpook said:

Here you go.

It's smaller than I was expecting, which is a bonus (the pedal not the picture !)

20201002_182640.jpg

I like the way it looks vaguely Rat-ish.

That tremond is intriguing, does it sound like a good rat with a blend or does it have its own flavour?

1 hour ago, danbowskill said:

That tremond is intriguing, does it sound like a good rat with a blend or does it have its own flavour?

I only have a Turbo Rat these days so I can't A-B them, but it sounds pretty bang-on to me

I've tried many pedals that were trying to do what this does. I'm very happy.