Why become a member? ×

This is a bargain, surely? Eden content...

El Capo

• 2 weeks later...

I can answer this now as mine arrived. Brief moment of panic when I saw the Euro plug but thankfully Thomann spotted me coming and added a UK adaptor in the box.

First impressions? Built like the proverbial tank, I mean this thing is SOLID Everything feels great quality.

Sounds? Here is where I'm a shade disappointed - I was intending to use this as a preamp and whilst it functions ok, the sounds I'm getting are still pretty flat and uninspiring when straight to the desk/PA. I need to spend more time with it but I'm also finding it struggles with the (admittedly stupidly high) output from my EMG pickup and clips when above 9 o clock on the gain!

Overall I'm sure it'd do someone a turn but it's not for me, so it'll be hitting the classifieds imminently.

Edited by El Capo

11 minutes ago, El Capo said:

I can answer this now as mine arrived. Brief moment of panic when I saw the Euro plug but thankfully Thomann spotted me coming and added a UK adaptor in the box.

First impressions? Built like the proverbial tank, I mean this thing is SOLID Everything feels great quality.

Sounds? Here is where I'm a shade disappointed - I was intending to use this as a preamp and whilst it functions ok, the sounds I'm getting are still pretty flat and uninspiring when straight to the desk/PA. I need to spend more time with it but I'm also finding it struggles with the (admittedly stupidly high) output from my EMG pickup and clips when above 9 o clock on the gain!

Overall I'm sure it'd do someone a turn but it's not for me, so it'll be hitting the classifieds imminently.

Probably why it's so cut down in price I'd imagine?

• 4 weeks later...

I've just received one for an early Xmas present from the wife.

If I boost the bass just a little it distorts a very long way before the clip light and compressor kicks in.

The only way to sort it is to turn down the gain so much the compressor hasn't got a hope in hell of working..... Useless.

This makes the compressor redundant.

The eq is pretty good with a lot of scope to adjust the sound.

Has anyone else had this gain problem.

10 hours ago, spyder said:

I've just received one for an early Xmas present from the wife.

If I boost the bass just a little it distorts a very long way before the clip light and compressor kicks in.

The only way to sort it is to turn down the gain so much the compressor hasn't got a hope in hell of working..... Useless.

This makes the compressor redundant.

The eq is pretty good with a lot of scope to adjust the sound.

Has anyone else had this gain problem.

Yep , that's why I got rid of mine .

Couldn't cope with pedals before it at all , and wasn't that great with my Stingray even on it's own - passive bass fine .

Loads on Talkbass about this . Shame really , as I thought the tone of it was really nice .

• Thanks 1

The only way to stop it clipping and distorting is to back off the input gain to the noon position. This is a long way before the clip light and compressor kicks in at the 4 o'clock position, which is supposed to be the proper clip indicating position.

Best to use your ears rather than the indication LED.

This of course leaves the compressor redundant, its threshold is set way to high and there is no way to change it. 😒

The EQ and Enhance knob work really well and the DI and main output have a cleanish output. 

Overall it's a good pedal for £60.

I certainly would not of paid nearly £150 when they first came out.

I will give it a few more days before it might go back.

32 minutes ago, El Capo said:

Yeah it was shoite. Mine went on Facebook within the week. Answered my own question!

I'm sending it back

Plugged headphones in and it buzzes.

Utter crap ... It could of been so good.

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Edited by spyder

On 30/09/2020 at 17:53, Rich said:

Trying hard to think of a reason not to get one. :lol: 

On 07/11/2020 at 20:40, spyder said:

Plugged headphones in and it buzzes.

Utter crap ... It could of been so good.

And there's my reason :lol: 

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...