Why become a member? ×

Lady Gaga rehearsing with Metallica.

dave_bass5

I thought this was a great match. Gaga and Metallica worked really well. 
the rehearsal sounded pretty good almost better than the final performance! 
mid be very interested in hearing more from the match up. 

the Fergie track leaves me asking why she doesn’t do more rock 🤷‍♂️
her voice would suit it very well. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, mike257 said:

It's definitely a weird phenomenon with rock music fans that they're surprised to find top flight musicians from "less worthy" genres are actually extremely talented. 

What stuck me was a not so much she could hit the notes, but she did it in a way that suited the song. Ive seen quite a few ‘collaborations’ like this, where the guest singer has just come along and sung whatever song in her own style. Sometimes it just seems like two different songs. Gaga made it so she was part of the song. I liked that. 

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, mike257 said:

It's definitely a weird phenomenon with rock music fans that they're surprised to find top flight musicians from "less worthy" genres are actually extremely talented. 

I dunno, rock is my main genre of music for what I buy and listen to but I generally think it's a case of end result often being better than the sum of the parts. 

Watching the Metallica documentary where they hire Trujillo made me think they were really, really bad musicians and that there must be a lot of studio trickery helping them. There's a vocal recording part that is absolutely painful to listen to. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Haha, all i meant was I’m used to hearing him sing it, i just wanted more of Gaga’s voice. 

Their voices work so well together, her annunciation is much clearer and gives a great end result (she even manages to 'yarl' on occasion).

1 hour ago, mike257 said:

Yep, Fergie & Nicole Sherzinger did some great work with Slash which surprised a few.

I'd never heard Lady GG sing properly until she teamed up with Tony Bennett, and then wow, what a voice. Likewise with Metallica, anyone who high-fives the bass player gets instant cool-points obviously. Would love to see this lineup in a live show.

Edited by petebassist
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Watching the Metallica documentary where they hire Trujillo made me think they were really, really bad musicians and that there must be a lot of studio trickery helping them. There's a vocal recording part that is absolutely painful to listen to. 

They used to be a foooking machine, not the shambolic, disinterested, out-of-touch bunch of goons portrayed in that documentary. It's compulsive viewing. How did a band so, so good become so very, very bad? It beggars belief. I was a fan of theirs in the 80's when everything they did was immense and drifted away from them as the 90's dragged on. Even the band in the "Year and a half... documentaries are a unit. What they dissolve into over the following years is just staggering.

11 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Just watching that now. Not seen it before. Quite entertaining. 

15 hours ago, mike257 said:

Agreed. I have watched a lot of interviews with rock dinosaurs where they often say 'I hate chart music but there's this singer called Lady Gaga who is actually quite good' as if no one else has heard of her.

On 01/10/2020 at 10:26, mike257 said:

Members of the James Last Orchestra were extremely talented, but I don't want to hear them play any Led Zeppelin 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2