Why become a member? ×

SOLD SOLD SOLD Fender Modern Player Jazz Bass SHORT SCALE - RARE - White Blonde, P/J Pickups, Hi Mass Bridge, Tort, Rosewood, 2013 - LIKE NEW, SUPERB!
£600
Greenwich, SE London

Status09

Sold

Selling an INCREDIBLE 2013 Fender Modern Player Jazz Bass with the sought after 30” short scale length in beautiful trans White Blonde with a 3 Ply Tort Pickguard, P/J configuration Pickups, Rosewood fretboard and a Fender Hi Mass Bridge. 

Only around 200 of these were Made in China in 2013 so grab a beautiful example of a rare, amazing sounding and easy to play Fender Modern Player Jazz that’s a little different because of its shorter 30” scale length (like a Mustang bass), and the incredible sounding P/J pickup configuration.

Bass is in fantastic condition with only one slight ding on the back of the headstock (pictured below the serial number), a slight scratch on the back of the neck (doesn’t affect feel or playability at all) and there are two holes in the scratch plate if you wanted to insert a thumb-rest / tug bar as is quite popular on a lot of basses these days.

The high gloss urethane lacquer over the white blonde finish really is phenomenal - the photos just don’t show how clear the wood grain shows through the lacquer! This was a common finish (in different colours) on many of the Fender American Deluxe series of bases in the late 90’s / early 00’s.

The P/J pickup configuration provides classic, punchy tones having the best of both, and the short scale length makes this bass perfect for live and recording. 
It’s a much more versatile bass (IMO) than the Fender JMJ signature bass or any other Mustang Bass / Short Scale Fender because of the versatile pickup configuration, and it’s ideal for any player who prefers a lighter weighing bass (great for those who play longer gigs!) 

The scale = Short Scale, 30" (762 mm), according to official Fender specs.

The Fender high mass bridge provides more contact to the body, increasing sustain and enabling perfect intonation with the adjustable bridge saddles.

It comes with a one piece 3-ply tortoiseshell pickguard that also replaces the chrome control plate on standard Jazz basses - a nice touch aesthetically.
The bass has been fully set up, cleaned and intonated ready for the new owner. 

Full specs can be seen here: https://www.gak.co.uk/en/fender-modern-player-short-scale-jazz-bass-white-blonde/100117

Bass doesn’t come with a gig bag or case unfortunately. 

Cash on Collection ONLY (WON'T BE POSTING) from North Greenwich in South East London, adhering to social distancing rules, thought I may be able to deliver depending on your location (I travel to the Midlands quite frequently).

If you would like any more photos or information please don’t hesitate to get in touch! 

VIDEO: 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Edited by Status09
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, therealting said:

May I ask the weight? Are you after any trades?

I can't weight the bass, but as a comparison it's no where near as heavy as my Mexican Precision or Chinese Jazz. I'd say it's a little heavier than a mustang due to the size of the scaled down Alder bodied Jazz bass body, but not by miles.

Not looking for trades sorry - only looking for a straight sale!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Burns-bass said:

These are lovely, but I found mine to be heavy.

They are indeed! Mine doesn't feel any where near as heavy as my P bass or standard Jazz.

Body wood is 'Scaled down Alder Jazz Bass Body', so maybe a little heavier / denser wood than swamp ash.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Merton said:

Saw this and commented on Facebook too. How I wish I could prize this off your hands Mike! It would be coming to a crowded, ott home though and a far inferior bassisisist. GLWTS :)

Ah thanks so much man! Are you sure it wouldn't fit in well with its bigger bro's and sisters? 😁

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Status09 said:

They are indeed! Mine doesn't feel any where near as heavy as my P bass or standard Jazz.

Body wood is 'Scaled down Alder Jazz Bass Body', so maybe a little heavier / denser wood than swamp ash.

Thanks!

Yeah. They’re lovely things. I didn’t mean to make a negative point, they’re lovely basses and very rare too.

• Like 1

Just now, Burns-bass said:

Yeah. They’re lovely things. I didn’t mean to make a negative point, they’re lovely basses and very rare too.

Oh no not at all man, appreciate the input! Yeah they're lovely basses, wish I didn't have to sell to be honest! Have a great night mate!

2 hours ago, Moogie said:

No trades, I see but will punt you my USA deluxe jazz 4 string, I’m looking for short scales 

let me know if intrested, 

Thanks so much for the offer, appreciate it! 

Sorry I can't do a trade as I need the sale - happy to take payment in 3 x instalments if that's easy for you?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • ped locked this topic