Why become a member? ×

TRADED: Fender MIJ Marcus Miller w/ Sadowsky VTC
£1000
Edinburgh

such

PRICE DROPPED: £900

Edit: I currently need a good P to work for an artist I like, so could be tempted by a straight swap for something of a similar value. Roadworn, Classic '50s Lacquer, Am Std, Am Pro? I do have an option to borrow one, and I'm a fussy f**ker, so will only go for one that really speaks to me. 

For sale is my Fender Marcus Miller signature Jazz Bass. I bought it on BassChat in around 2012; not sure when exactly or who from, since the messages are gone. It had been upgraded by the previous owner with a Sadowsky VTC preamp and Hipshot D-Tuner in matching reverse/nickel. You can say "modded, not upgraded" but I think it's hard to disagree these are legitimate upgrades. The VTC feature itself makes so much difference, the tone control being functional in both passive and active modes allows for some superb tones. Like, cutting most highs with the tone control while boosting treble with the active knob (which is centered somewhat lower, freq-wise) when on bridge pickup soloed, gets you that dark but focused and super spiky tone of electric jazz/fusion virtuoso. 

Then of course you get a superb slap tone, clean and classic jazz bass sounds and everything you can reasonably expect from a bass of this format. It's bright, punchy, meaty, growly, snappy, airy, open, clear and big. 

The bass is super playable. When I bought it, the nut was a tiny bit high, I found, so I got Andrew from Anaconda Basses (they weren't really a thing yet then, about to launch) to make me a brass one. It improved playability and effortlessness in lower registers, open string sound and sustain (possibly) and harmonics (audibly). 

It's as good a jazz bass as you'll get, if you're into this sort of thing. 

I recall checking the serial number once, and the result said 2007-2010. Also, I think it weighed at 4.1kg, will edit if I remember wrong. It's fairly light and very well balanced. The battery keeps forever. I changed it recently after more than 2 years. It was still going strong, just messed with my inner comfort. 

Unfortunately, I seem to have inherited arthritic tendencies, so combined with my long fingers, I can't really play a jazz neck anymore. I've commissioned a build of a bass based in some ways on this one, and it will also be funded by this sale - therefore no trades, I'm afraid. 

I'm willing to post, will need to figure it out though. I will change strings to brand new D'Addario XL steels or nickels (buyer's choice) in 45-105. 

DSCF3890.jpg

DSCF3905.jpg

DSCF3909.jpg

DSCF3902.jpg

DSCF3908.jpg

DSCF3891.jpg

DSCF3901 (1).jpg

DSCF3906.jpg

DSCF3898.jpg

DSCF3899.jpg

DSCF3896.jpg

DSCF3897.jpg

DSCF3904.jpg

DSCF3903.jpg

DSCF3895.jpg

DSCF3894.jpg

DSCF3892.jpg

DSCF3893.jpg

Edited by such
Price reduction
  • Like 5

Arthritic Tendencies would be a good name for a Suicidal Tendencies reunion tour...assuming there’s any of them left! Your upgrades have made a killer bass even better! Lovely stuff!

Edited by krispn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic