Why become a member? ×

Shergold Marathon Bass UK Sold
£475
Lancaster

ash

I’m selling this old Marathon to fund another build project - this one is all original there is some lacquer checking but it is the original finish. Neck is excellent as are the electrics. It’s in very good condition - the string guides which are Shergold - are later additions to the bass. A small area of binding has been repaired. Looking for £475 if anyone is interested. I’m not looking for trades.
More pics on request. It’s very light weight at  under 4kgs. Single output version with stereo switch. Can post at buyer’s cost in the UK only. Sorry no case.

Edited by ash
SOLD
  • Like 11

This reminds me of my first 'real' bass (after a fireglow Hondo II Ricky copy) which was an 8-string natural version of this.....I played mine with only 4 strings for a few years.... and was a little neck heavy - not surprising....hey-ho the things you do in your teens

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Why is this still here? It’s one of the most iconic and playable basses out there. It’s a P-Bass with a curiously Anglo Saxon edge, albeit lighter, cooler and a whole lot rarer :)

They are wonderful basses and always get comments from people because they are such great sounding and looking instruments - I have owned many and a couple of projects yet to complete. I sell them and then end up getting them back or buying different ones. I do need to cut down my collection. 😅

• Haha 1

• MB1 locked this topic