Jump to content
Quilly

KT90 v KT88

Recommended Posts

I believe KT120 valves need more current so if your amp was not designed to take them it's better to avoid the change.

Best ask the maker of your amp.

My Stoneham amp uses them and it has a clean tone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spyder said:

I believe KT120 valves need more current so if your amp was not designed to take them it's better to avoid the change.

Best ask the maker of your amp.

My Stoneham amp uses them and it has a clean tone.

 

I found out that not only does my amp not take anything other than KT88s they have to be by a certain manufacturer 😲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/09/2020 at 17:40, Quilly said:

I found out that not only does my amp not take anything other than KT88s they have to be by a certain manufacturer 😲

I find that strange.

The manufacturer might suggest a make because of tone but any KT88 will work.

What manufacturer do they recommend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, spyder said:

I find that strange.

The manufacturer might suggest a make because of tone but any KT88 will work.

What manufacturer do they recommend?

Its Ashdown, they recommend (required) JJ valves. I reckon its because the are manufactured in Slovakia and are apparently more reliable, everything is rebranded and made in China or Russia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...