Why become a member? ×

Sold. Sandberg Electra VS4 single pickup Precision style bass guitar, with gigbag, can ship
£400
Darlington

karlfer

Sandberg Electra VS4 Precision format bass, single pickup bass guitar with a basic gigbag. Condition is excellent but used, hard case in a couple of the pictures is NOT included.

COURIER, I can ship to mainland UK. If you want me to do that, it will be an extra £46. Don't blame me, if I send it, it is going to be fully insured with UPS & that's what it costs.

FEEL FREE  to organise & pay for your own courier. Collection from Darlington preferred, might meet up if you ask nicely.

I took this as a part trade when I sold my Warwick Dolphin.
This is fully converted to passive. The parts alone for this upgrade would cost £140.
All the original fit electronics have been removed (no I don't have them) and a Martin Herrick hand wound custom pickup has been installed.
This is a slightly overwound (by about 5%) '58 P bass pickup to the spec used by Steve Harris.
This is coupled with the Volume/Tone/Tone PASSIVE circuit that Adam Clayton uses in his sig Warwick Streamer CV. This wiring loom was custom hand made by KiOgon. These upgraded parts are top quality.

High mass fully adjustable bridge, zero fret & Plek'd (try and find those features on a bass at this price!), weight 8lb 10oz, nut is 40mm, lovely bass.

NO offers thank you, this is an excellent price for a bass of this quality and now a bargain imo (I have feedback on Ebay & Basschat).

The basic version of this sells at £631 although they seem a little scarce at the moment. Then of course there is the cost of the upgrade parts & cost of fitting.
Keep safe, Karl

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.JPG

D.JPG

E.jpg

F.jpg

G.JPG

H.JPG

I.jpg

J.JPG

K.jpg

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 2

This is an original VS4 (2012-2015) with the pickup closer to the bridge; they changed it in the later iteration.  How far from the 12th fret to the middle of the pickups?  I tried googling but it is hard to find out.  A standard Fender is 11 5/8", I think.

Edited by jrixn1

12.5 inches.

It doesn't look that because the Sandberg has 2 more frets than a standard P.

With the hand wound custom pick up & Ki0Gon wiring loom this can thump or clank with the best of Precisions.

Shame I need some money but there ya go.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

Fantastic looking bass Karl. As per usual. Looks very similar to the lovely fender status hybrid you sold me. 

You do like that dontcha 😁

21 hours ago, ProfJames said:

Just suggested this as a purchase to a guy in the Sandberg Bass Lovers site on Fb Karl.............glwts

Really kind Prof, many thanks 😁

• Thanks 1

• MB1 locked this topic