Why become a member? ×

musicman stingray 4.....status neck....SOLD
£850
Durham

ebenezer

Up for sale is my lovely stingray 4......the bass has been fitted with a status graphite neck which in my opinion improves the tone, harmonics sound better along 

with much improved sustain, also tuning stability seems better than a wood neck......the fit of the neck is excellent, there is a nice tight neck pocket with no gaps

The bass is in very good condition, bar a few dents here and there.

You can see and hear the same type of bass here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfW-Z8Nz-s0

Many people think the two boost only band pre is better than the three band...i would agree.

Shipping is included (uk only) with the asking price.....musicman case included (with keys) 

IMG_20200928_114653900.jpg

IMG_20200928_114705265.jpg

IMG_20200928_114712680.jpg

IMG_20200928_114757781.jpg

IMG_20200928_114845948.jpg

IMG_20200928_114827014.jpg

IMG_20200928_114901712.jpg

Edited by ebenezer
  • Like 9

the weight of the bass is 4.45kg.....not the lightest, but certainly not the heaviest....balances well on a strap

I bought the bass with the neck already fitted 

serial number is E 74935....should be able to look it up.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

I may not be popular for this but.....isn't this underpriced?

I'll get your coat.................:ph34r:

The body dates from May 7th 2010 according to the EB serial database.

To the OP, GLWTS. They do really sing with these necks on.

2 hours ago, TheGreek said:

I may not be popular for this but.....isn't this underpriced?

Yes and no. It's underpriced if it could sell at a higher price, but having sold a few modified/unoriginal instruments over the years (for example numerous Fenders with Warmoth necks, two EBMMs with Status necks), they never pull the value that they really should command as instruments. To me the Status neck is a significant and substantial upgrade on the factory original, to others it's s deviation from originality that probably removes half the market for the bass. The problem with listing it much above this is that people start to haggle, and that frankly is not worth the extra £100 or so it might, but might not, bring in!

But in all honesty, to see this bass at this price at a point in time at which I've had to sell my Modulus Flea and have no money, breaks my heart :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

If I had £850. This would be gone,

I’m hoping @Cuzzie folds, buys it and then sells it to me 😂

I have to say I quite like this as well! While I’m not into super zingy high end there’s a nice finger style tone out of this on that demo video - just enough bite!

25 minutes ago, songofthewind said:

What is the nut width, please?

If it's a standard Status MM neck replacement, it should be 40mm at the nut, so slightly narrower than a standard Ernie Ball neck as they do imperial, not metric.

Status do manufacture a J width MM neck replacement, so the nut may be narrower still. The J necks are another £100 or so on top of the price I quoted earlier.

1 hour ago, songofthewind said:

What is the nut width, please?

58 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

If it's a standard Status MM neck replacement, it should be 40mm at the nut, so slightly narrower than a standard Ernie Ball neck as they do imperial, not metric.

Both the MM and P necks are listed as 42.5mm nut on the Status site and that's what my current Status P neck measures.