Why become a member? ×

Rolling Stone - 500 greatest albums of all time

Al Krow

1 hour ago, alexa3020 said:

Obviously these lists are subjective, and You can pick holes in them fairly easily. The hole I’ll pick is surely Electric ladyland is superior to are you experienced!

... and I’ll add: the inclusion of Stone Roses and Oasis but no Happy Mondays. No Roxy Music debut. No Aladdin Sane. Hejira and Sign ‘o’ the Times ranked way too low. No New Boots & Panties. Back in Black vs. Powerage or Highway to Hell? No Tricky or Blue Nile?

And as daft as these types of lists are it’s absurd to include compilation/best of albums - if you’re going down that route where are the Beatles’ blue and red albums?

Apart from that it’s excellent!! 

(I’ll admit now that there’s every chance that all of the above are included and I’ve missed them!)

Edited by Old Man Riva

Obviously very US dominated, there are loads of bands/artists that I've not even heard of. That said, there are some awful errors. For example: I'm a fan of The Breeders and the list does include one of their albums, The Last Splash. Ok, it had the catchy Cannonball on it, however, as an album it's not as good as their debut album.

Weirdisms