Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton PB-20 SBK

Bobo_08

3 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

A note which sustains longer will be decaying slower, and that difference will kick in as soon as the attack is over. Comparing fast scales played on a modern piano and an eighteenth century fortepiano, the difference is enormous. Between two otherwise identical basses with slightly different bridges though.... :/

That's kind of my point. I do wonder if anybody would notice the difference between the two in a blindfold test. The same goes for different woods used on a bass

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WHUFC BASS said:

That's kind of my point. I do wonder if anybody would notice the difference between the two in a blindfold test. The same goes for different woods used on a bass

By the time you've added some compression and other effects... I would imagine any difference would be completely lost. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bobo_08 said:

Absolutely, as well as it's ease and range of adjustment. 

Aye, that'll be 2 the other valid reasons 😃

Personally I don't hold with High Mass bridge = increased sustain .

Owned more than a few Peavey T-40s , bridge on those weighs over 1 lb.

If any of my T-40/45's sustained longer than any other bass , I certainly didn't notice. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all.

After a few years in standby, im going back to play, and i tried one precision of a friend, and liked the sound, and he recommended me to by one of this for fun.

It look good, and after all the reviews and opinions, can prefectly be a great candidate.

I just would lime to know what is the string spacing of the bridge.

It basically will be used all the basis, and change the electronic (pu and pots).

Thanks