Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton PB-20 SBK

Bobo_08

1 hour ago, Bobo_08 said:

Cheers Stew, did you make any height adjustments to the pickups?

Nope. I have changed a pup in a HB semi acoustic, and I have replaced the tone pots on two HBs with @KiOgon's tone switch.

Otherwise I've played them straight out of the box and never had to change any thing. 

The changes I have made were out of interest and not necessity. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bobo_08 said:

Also have the KiOgon kit too, still not got around to fitting it yet. I dunno maybe you got one with hot pickups but mine are a bit on the low side I'm terms of output. 

Mine too. Have some EMG Geezer pickups to put in mine at some point....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cetera said:

Mine too. Have some EMG Geezer pickups to put in mine at some point....

That's the setup I'm going for too.

It always baffled me why Fender didn't come out with a Precision in this colour scheme. It's my ideal colour scheme for a P-bass.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WHUFC BASS said:

That's the setup I'm going for too.

It always baffled me why Fender didn't come out with a Precision in this colour scheme. It's my ideal colour scheme for a P-bass.

Agreed regarding the colour scheme, although maybe the nitro finished Highway one series probably comes close with a few years of playing to create a nice pattina.  

Edited by Bobo_08

Hi All, 

Just wanted to let you know that this chap on ebay is doing pickguards for several HB basses, he will soon be doing one for my PB-20. Have a look at this link for any of your Harley Benton pickguard needs. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114675042782?ul_noapp=true

Happy Friday

Edited by Bobo_08
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Bobo_08 said:

Hi All, 

Just wanted to let you know that this chap on ebay is doing pickguards for several HB basses, he will soon be doing one for my PB-20. Have a look at this link for any of your Harley Benton pickguard needs. 

Happy Friday

That's interesting. I'm really after a red tortoiseshell scratchplate but want to see how red the stock one is. it looks pretty dark from photos I've seen, I'm after the lighter red coloured scratchplate.

6 hours ago, Bobo_08 said:

Hi All, 

Happy Friday

Ha! Three of mine are in that picture (5 string Stingray style MB-5 SBK)

Great stuff about the PB-20, I want a black one (my girlfriend's bass) and it looks like I will not have to send the original anymore :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mcnach said:

Ha! Three of mine are in that picture (5 string Stingray style MB-5 SBK)

Great stuff about the PB-20, I want a black one (my girlfriend's bass) and it looks like I will not have to send the original anymore :)

Three of your's! Then you know what to do 😉. Yes that the great advantage not having to send in you scratch plate in advance. He has a friend sending him one for a PB-20 this week coming and he will give me a shout as soon as he has it in.  He's not far from you he's just across the way in Glasgow. 

Edited by Bobo_08
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobo_08 said:

Three of your's! Then you know what to do 😉. Yes that the great advantage not having to send in you scratch plate in advance. He has a friend sending him one for a PB-20 this week coming and he will give me a shout as soon as he has it in.  He's not far from you he's just across the way in Glasgow. 

Please let us know when he tells you that he's got the PB-20 one :) 

• Like 1

Very nice! Thanks for sharing... Tell us about the mods.. looks like different bridge and obviously a different neck. 

7 minutes ago, DarkHeart said:

I stuck a single ply matt black plate on my bitsa SBK it was just a copy from China fits ok but holes don`t line up but I wasn`t bothered about that.

152132203_10157843468405848_4071370480896303220_n.jpg

1 minute ago, Bobo_08 said:

Very nice! Thanks for sharing... Tell us about the mods.. looks like different bridge and obviously a different neck. 

I got the body from Bagsieblue off here, it`s got a Maida Vale Lockdown pickup that I got off ebay, supposedly hand wound and I have to admit that it does sound really good, the bridge is just a generic hi mass affair and the neck I already had lying around, I`ve always liked black and gold together since the Lotus F1 days so just stuck it all together. I`ve got the HB MB4 SBK as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkHeart said:

I got the body from Bagsieblue off here, it`s got a Maida Vale Lockdown pickup that I got off ebay, supposedly hand wound and I have to admit that it does sound really good, the bridge is just a generic hi mass affair and the neck I already had lying around, I`ve always liked black and gold together since the Lotus F1 days so just stuck it all together. I`ve got the HB MB4 SBK as well.

Nice work! Never heard of those pickups will check them out. Do you think the high mass bridge makes a difference, my stock bass sustains for agggeeesss... Much more than my Yamaha TRBX304 which has a bridge like you have here, but is a Mahogany body. 

Gonna go and checkout those maida val pups. 👌