Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton PB-20 SBK

Bobo_08

On 23/10/2020 at 14:45, hooky_lowdown said:

Or scratch some of the paint off. Simple.

Had a look at mine tonight as there was some earthing buzzing and found the paint has already been scratched off on the underside of the bridge.

However the earth wire was quite thin and flat against the wooden body so I don't think it was earthing as well as it could so twisted it to double the thickness which has improved it.

17 hours ago, songofthewind said:

BTW, I just HAD to change the shape of the headstock slightly, so it didn't quite have that Sam Eagle from The Muppet Show look.

Of all the visual aspects of a bass, headstock shape is a real deal breaker for me, so I know what you mean. 

I am really lucky because I like the HB headstock. Not having the skills to reshape it I'd be stuck. 

The Gear 4 Music headstock basically saves me money (see also G&L, Bite, Kramer etc etc) 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TbirdnTalman said:

.... and family photo (after some tidying of pedals, not all there)... arrived yesterday, some noodling last night and it feels nice and sounds good and I am v pleased... and Stewblack I'm not changing my name on here! 

IMG_20201105_2203458sml.JPG

Lovely! At one time I could have matched that set but I sold the T-Bird. You could be H. B. Tbirdntalman, has a ring to it ☺ 

9 hours ago, TbirdnTalman said:

.... and family photo (after some tidying of pedals, not all there)... arrived yesterday, some noodling last night and it feels nice and sounds good and I am v pleased... and Stewblack I'm not changing my name on here! 

IMG_20201105_2203458sml.JPG

Nice job, yea its a lovely instrument for the money. 

On 29/10/2020 at 22:01, Andermtc said:

Had a look at mine tonight as there was some earthing buzzing and found the paint has already been scratched off on the underside of the bridge.

However the earth wire was quite thin and flat against the wooden body so I don't think it was earthing as well as it could so twisted it to double the thickness which has improved it.

Just put a strip of copper shielding tape over the top 

• 2 months later...
On 27/09/2020 at 16:51, hooky_lowdown said:

Wilkinson alnico pickups will be a big improvement on the sound, you'll definitely notice a difference if you do change them.

As for the tuners, a little vaseline on the spindle/cogs and they'll turn much better. Cheap tuners don't get lubricated, so it's metal rubbing on metal, which is why they're tough to turn.

Just put Wilkinson alnicos in mine today.

£22 and a massive improvement.

much more clarity, much nicer top end and play far better with a bit of dirt

• Like 1

• 1 month later...