Why become a member? ×

Late developer

orm-irian

Hi! I'm 57 and finally getting the money together to get an NS EUB (unsure which model yet, depends on funds). I've not played bass before - I did have a couple of lessons on an upright bass many years ago, but I'm missing some muscles on my right side and couldn't manage the reaching across the bass body with my right arm (it was a lovely Stentor).

Anyway, I've been a wheelchair user for the last year, and I'm confident the NS uprights will work fine for me sat in my wheelchair (with spike, not stand).

I live in Devon, I've posted in the EUB forum about looking for an NS EUB to hire so I can make sure my weird right hand can cope before I splash out on buying a bass.

my main target genre is jazz, so I'll be aiming for an NS that sounds sufficiently "wooden". I'm also a singer and percussionist - cajón was made for people like me :).

Edited by orm-irian
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/09/2020 at 14:50, orm-irian said:

Hi! I'm 57 and finally getting the money together to get an NS EUB (unsure which model yet, depends on funds). I've not played bass before - I did have a couple of lessons on an upright bass many years ago, but I'm missing some muscles on my right side and couldn't manage the reaching across the bass body with my right arm (it was a lovely Stentor).

Anyway, I've been a wheelchair user for the last year, and I'm confident the NS uprights will work fine for me sat in my wheelchair (with spike, not stand).

I live in Devon, I've posted in the EUB forum about looking for an NS EUB to hire so I can make sure my weird right hand can cope before I splash out on buying a bass.

my main target genre is jazz, so I'll be aiming for an NS that sounds sufficiently "wooden". I'm also a singer and percussionist - cajón was made for people like me :).

Welcome!  I tried one of those EUB things........I was pathetic on it!   Welcome .......