Why become a member? ×

What Kind of Pedal Currently Not on the Market Would You Love to See in Production?

Baloney Balderdash

19 hours ago, Leonidaslost said:

I would like a pedal which would make a fretless bass sound like a double bass. Am I the only person to raise this or have I missed it?  I am guessing asking for a pedal to do this on a fretted bass is impossible. 

Am guessing it would need some light reverb to simulate the resonance of an acoustic instrument.

I am on the same path. Very hard to reach. My first choice to imitation is a Harley Benton Noise gate (grey). It has attack and release! Price: nearly nothing.

Some LPF is also a good addition. I use a Daring Audio Phat Beam, which includes a good compressor, too. Schalltechnik has nice kits, that are really cheap.

To produce the first echoes in the double bass body is not easy. Boss has this big MD-500 (?) delay, which goes down to 1 ms, but has just one delay, and the adjustability is not fine. I bought a PlethoraX5 and will try that with three or four short delays.

One reverb would be just like one delay.

1 hour ago, itu said:

I am on the same path. Very hard to reach. My first choice to imitation is a Harley Benton Noise gate (grey). It has attack and release! Price: nearly nothing.

Some LPF is also a good addition. I use a Daring Audio Phat Beam, which includes a good compressor, too. Schalltechnik has nice kits, that are really cheap.

To produce the first echoes in the double bass body is not easy. Boss has this big MD-500 (?) delay, which goes down to 1 ms, but has just one delay, and the adjustability is not fine. I bought a PlethoraX5 and will try that with three or four short delays.

One reverb would be just like one delay.

On the same mission I took sound samples of my fretless and double bass (now gone to a fresh home) and analysed the envelopes and frequency spectrum content.  I was thinking about designing building a suitable circuit (ever optimistic). In addition to attack and decay differences there are significant harmonic differences which present challenges to generate with analogue circuits.  Single note DSP simulation should be possible but the challenge is dealing with the polyphonic nature of playing.  At that point I gave up - my intellectual determination is not what it was when I was a young Physicist.  Impulse response pedals look promising, I am very behind the curve on this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMA5d5hgvMY

Edited by 3below
  • Like 1