Why become a member? ×

Any Spreadsheeters?

stewblack

In a previous life I had to maintain a spreadsheet and take data from it to meetings. It wasn't the greatest period of my life but at least i learned some basic excel.

Except clearly I didn't. Tried creating a spreadsheet to use as a rehearsal log so I can see what has had time spent and what hasn't. Hate turning up for rehearsal only to realise I've not practised a particular song for months. But I could not remember a darned thing.

Has anyone got something like this they could share? I have tried using notebooks but in the real 3D world I'm shockingly disorganised. On a computer I tend to be way better.

Or do you have a better solution? I thought I could easily ask a spreadsheet the kind of questions I wan't answering - but even that may be wrong!

• Like 1

On 26/09/2020 at 21:11, stewblack said:

In a previous life I had to maintain a spreadsheet and take data from it to meetings. It wasn't the greatest period of my life but at least i learned some basic excel.

Except clearly I didn't. Tried creating a spreadsheet to use as a rehearsal log so I can see what has had time spent and what hasn't. Hate turning up for rehearsal only to realise I've not practised a particular song for months. But I could not remember a darned thing.

Has anyone got something like this they could share? I have tried using notebooks but in the real 3D world I'm shockingly disorganised. On a computer I tend to be way better.

Or do you have a better solution? I thought I could easily ask a spreadsheet the kind of questions I wan't answering - but even that may be wrong!

I use Google Docs spreadsheet - that way is always available whenever I am. 

• Like 1

I use a Mobilesheets Pro, which keeps a list of songs I have played so far. It is easy to wipe that data, but I keep it to find those played songs quickly. I have few thousand scores in the tab at the moment. The SW has made the tab's pen really useful, because I can write to the scores: tempos, anything.

3 hours ago, itu said:

I use a Mobilesheets Pro, which keeps a list of songs I have played so far. It is easy to wipe that data, but I keep it to find those played songs quickly. I have few thousand scores in the tab at the moment. The SW has made the tab's pen really useful, because I can write to the scores: tempos, anything.

I use the Mobile Sheets Pro app. Didn't know it kept  a record of what I've played. 

I'll have to investigate.