Why become a member? ×

Waiting to audition...

EJWW

14 hours ago, EJWW said:

Well I've just arrived home and am in a total dilemma.

The musicianship was very good.  The drummer and guitarist LISTENED which is a very desirable quality in my opinion. 

The songs are good (I had carefully learned all 7 songs i was sent).

However the punctuality issue burns away in my mind.... 

I did finally get to give my G&L LB100 its first outing. It was fab.

Hmm. Very little else happening for me to join round here at the moment. Keep looking or give them another chance?

One thing I learned when I dipped my toes into the music industry, you’ve got to be easy going and just accept the traits of others. Those that were easy going have generally had a better career IME. 

• Like 3

Very interesting and varied answers here, thanks everyone. On balance i think that the points regarding weighing up the quirks of others against the creative opportunities they are offering is key here. 

I'll give it a few weeks and i think the picture will be a lot clearer so watch this space... 😀

• Like 4

On 26/09/2020 at 11:25, odysseus said:

I wouldn't write them off because they were late once.  Sh!t happens. If they're regularly late, then yeah....

Can you live with a bit a lateness if the material/musicianship/personalities are good?  Our singer always turns up at least 40 minute after the rest of us, but by then we've had a jam and often got some ideas cooking.

Or would you rather play with a bunch of punctual idiots with crap songs? 😝

Personally I'd give it another go and take it from there - problems tend to rear their heads fairly early.  You'll know soon, I reckon...

Someone who continually turns up at least 40 minutes late is taking the p*ss, the rest of the band should be having a word.

Solution, book a rehearsal for 8pm but don’t tell the singer, let him/her think it’s booked for 7pm, see how they feel when they are first to arrive and sit around for at least 20 minutes before the rest of the band arrive.

Edited by steantval
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, steantval said:

Someone who continually turns up at least 40 minutes late is taking the p*ss, the rest of the band should be having a word.

We're OK with it because we're set up, warmed up and got a jam going by the time she arrives.  But then, we're not as anal about it as other bands may be.  It's our call and nobody else's.