Why become a member? ×

65W Ashdown Combo Amp That Won't Switch On

Unknown_User

I have an old "Five Fifteen" Ashdown combo amp that doesn't work any more (problems as described in the thread linked above). 

I've not got round to doing anything with it in all this time, so if you want it and can collect it from Liverpool, then it's yours.  You could fix it, strip it for parts, or use it as a bedside table!

16 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

Did you ever follow up with Ashdown's offer to look at it?

I seem to remember that I rang them up but couldn't get through.

However I no longer need it so don't want to throw money at fixing it which I probably wouldn't recoup from trying to sell it.  So I'm happy to pass it on to a better home.

• Thanks 1

It would be a shame to bin it just because no-one is in a position to collect.

It would be different if we didn't have the current restrictions of course.  I know fifteen inch cones aren't exactly fashionable but that means they are more rare.  When they come into favour again, you could gain from it.

There must be more folk like myself who like big drivers.  I already own a fifteen inch Ashdown Toneman 300 with an eighteen inch Trace extension cab.  I'd be after it for myself otherwise.