Why become a member? ×

For Sale Yamaha TRB5 Mk1 £550ono
£650
Alfold Surrey

wegale

Early Yamaha TRB5 fretted bass finished in a very dark grey. It has a 34” scale.  Made in Japan, the serial number is 6P02004 which I believe is in a format used by Yamaha between 1986 and 1989. I bought the bass, new, around 1989/90; it’s not been played a lot as I’ve concentrated on fretless bass for the last twenty years. The bass comes with its original Yamaha hard case, both are in excellent  condition.  The bass has never been damaged or repaired apart from the fitting of a new input socket.

DSC_0127.JPG

DSC_0128.JPG

DSC_0129.JPG

DSC_0136.JPG

DSC_0133.JPG

DSC_0130.JPG

Edited by wegale
Price reduction
  • Like 6

Fabulous basses these, which is why i have one and will not part with it.....build is up there with the best.....

Deep 6 bolt neck pocket for stability and tone transfer

Three piece neck, again for stability

Great quality hardware 

34 inch scale and 19mm spacing

someone will get a great bass.....glwts 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The serial is super confusing 6P02004 as it puts it as an 86 bass using that coding but TRB basses didn't come out until 89/90 and even then they were in P/J format for a number of years. I thought basses with this pickup configuration  and colourway (charcoal grey) didn't come out until 1995.  Could this potentially be a 1996 August TRB5?

Regardless of dating, as you stated was actually the first Japanese TRB5 (mk1) with slapcut announced in 95/96 and wonderful basses.  I still regret selling my TRB6 from the same years (had relatively the same case too)

Excellent value for an excellent 5 string.

GLWTS

8 minutes ago, Mikey D said:

The serial is super confusing 6P02004 as it puts it as an 86 bass using that coding but TRB basses didn't come out until 89/90 and even then they were in P/J format for a number of years. I thought basses with this pickup configuration  and colourway (charcoal grey) didn't come out until 1995.  Could this potentially be a 1996 August TRB5?

Regardless of dating, as you stated was actually the first Japanese TRB5 (mk1) with slapcut announced in 95/96 and wonderful basses.  I still regret selling my TRB6 from the same years (had relatively the same case too)

Excellent value for an excellent 5 string.

GLWTS

Yamaha dating says its 1995-1999 (004 serial) but that the '6' is an internal factory code which is very curious given the colour. This may be a factory prototype or custom order.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...