Why become a member? ×

first go using garageband to record the band live

skidder652003

We've decided to give garageband a go recording us live and then editing the video to sync. This was our first attempt using a tascam 12 in audio interface in one take.

We used just the one room with no overdubs. The bleed into the mics from the various drum and instruments was surprisingly small all things considered

mics used.. vocal and guitar cab, bass just DI, drums..kick, snare, 3 toms and one overhead. Added a bit of reverb to the vocal and some compression to the master as well as the RICH mastering plugin.

I think it probably sounds better than the zoom 2Qn I've been using but it's early days and lots of experimenting ahead. No video yet so I chucked a few band pictures into a slideshow but you get the idea.

On 24/09/2020 at 19:06, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

Delurking to say , great job !  
I'm getting to grips with GarageBand at last , and it has a lot of benefits . 

Thanks, garageband is so easy to use to get decent results and as a free DAW (if you have a Mac) it's incredible. I'll probably go to Logic as and when I upgrade my iMac but I see no reason why you couldn't create a whole album with Garageband and have decent results, that's what we're planning to do ..