Why become a member? ×

BC market place gigging set up

uk_lefty

I realised today that I can gig a set up almost entirely bought from the BC marketplace. 

Fender CIJ Jazz 

Boss GT10B multi effects 

Ashdown RM500 Head

Ashdown 1x15 speaker

The only things I've not bought from BC are the strings, cables and gig bag. 

That's a very decent, reliable gigging set up, all traded with people here who have been fantastic in selling for fair prices, highlighting any small flaws, delivering quickly, no messing about. All for a hell of a lot less than market value, but everyone walks away from the deals happy. I have other gear, of course, but this just proves to me the value of buying second hand but also from buying within this great community! Adding to the gigging set up today is a vocal effects pedal from Happy Jack too, it just keeps growing! 

Am sure there are plenty of you with similar success stories, let's hear them! 

• Like 3

Just realised I set out one weekend to do a couple of gigs. I incorporated a bit of Basschat buying and trading while on my travels. Turned up for the Sunday afternoon gig with two new speakers, a new P-bass and a new Ashdown head none of which had been with me when I set out from home. 

Played with them all there and then! 

1 minute ago, stewblack said:

Just realised I set out one weekend to do a couple of gigs. I incorporated a bit of Basschat buying and trading while on my travels. Turned up for the Sunday afternoon gig with two new speakers, a new P-bass and a new Ashdown head none of which had been with me when I set out from home. 

Played with them all there and then! 

Wow, that’s quite an adventure on the way to a gig. All I get is a three mile diversion to pickup the drummer.

• Haha 1

All from Basschat...

Markbass Little Mark II head, and a Genz Benz 212 NX2 cab, connected with Rockwire cable.

Yamaha BB604

Korg pitchblack tuner and various Boss pedals (octave, bass overdrive) 

Couple of Comfort Straps

Various d’addario strings 

Even the hiscox case is from here  

Thanks Basschat!