Why become a member? ×

Ibanez knobs - metric or Imperial?

TheGreek

Ibanez are Japanese, and therefore use metric measurements.

When I went through my "Vintage Ibanez Guitar Collecting" phase, I managed to find a few sets of NOS Ibanez knobs from the US & Canada, it is worth trawling eBay, but I'd expect them to be be pretty expensive these days.

The Ibanez Collectors World site used to be really good, especially for the guitars, but there was a lot of bass info on there as well.

IIRC, Ibanez did a good run of "Vintage Reissues" from their 70's & 80's catalogue, and they also reissued the "speed knobs" with the rubber rings. You may be able to find some of the reissue knobs.

Edited by Skybone

On 22/09/2020 at 18:53, TheGreek said:

Need some replacement knobs for a Ibanez MC - does anybody know if I need metric or Imperial?

Are you looking for the specific knobs for your bass or just whatever will fit? I think most of the MCs had combinations of Sure-Grips (speed knob with a black rubber band basically, three different flavours) for passive/master V&T and smaller black silver capped ones for the preamp controls.

You can still get Sure Grip IIIs from Thomann & other places (about £8 a pop) , and I'm pretty sure I've seen cheap sets on Ebay, probably from China, if you don't mind a wait.

Not sure if the preamp knobs are Ibby-specific, they do look more generic though.