Why become a member? ×

NBHAD Ashdown Tone Pocket

la bam

New Bass Headphone Amp Day.

So, I'm selling my RM500 and wanted something to still use for practice. I didnt fancy a mixer to connect all my amps, bass, etc together, and dont like the hassle of plugging in 3 things, cables and power etc. Plus the headphone lead always ties me to the unit anyway.

Then I saw this!

Loved the concept. Rechargeable battery. Aux input. Headphone socket. EQ. Jack/DI out, usb out for recording and charging, and overall volume control.

So, I picked one up and flippin eck it's small! About the same size as the none fingers part of your hand and as deep!

Had a quick blast - sounds very good, very solid sound, even through my cheap practice bass.

This will be brilliant alongside a phone or mp3 player. Just put them in your pocket, plug headphones in and roam around playing without a care in the world.

20200922_161103.jpg

• Like 2

Love mine too - unbeatable. One thing they don't tell you - the green charging light. One would assume that when this goes out the battery is fully charged.  Nope.  When the green light goes out, you'll get about 30-40 minutes of play time. You need to charge for around 8-10 hours to get the full playback time. 

The battery is a 9v rechargeable on so can be swapped out when required and it makes an excellent tiny audio interface too, complete with that Ashdown signature sound. 

Mine came with a little stick-on belt clip too and a nice velvety pouch. mmmmmm

I love it.

It's definitely a great pre amp sound, rather than just a headphone amp.

I got the velvet pouch, but no belt clip etc, but I bought a little electricians pouch from b&q and that fits everything in there.

Yeh, I'd read an earlier post about the charging, so left it over night.

4 hours ago, Muppet said:

One thing they don't tell you - the green charging light. One would assume that when this goes out the battery is fully charged.  Nope.  When the green light goes out, you'll get about 30-40 minutes of play time. You need to charge for around 8-10 hours to get the full playback time.

That is very useful to know.