Why become a member? ×

Levinson Blade B4 SOLD
£750

koval123

Up for sale goes a very nice made in Japan Levinson Blade B4.

Used but still in a great shape, straight neck, low action, responsive truss rod. It sports swamp ash body in a beautiful transparent honey gloss finish, one-piece maple neck with ebony fretboard and unique active circuitry with additional hum-cancelling coil. It carries small amount of tiny dings and scratches from normal use.

Gary Levinson's Blade basses were one of the 90's super-jazz designs and IMHO one of the most successful.

More pics will follow.

It comes with an old hard shell case which still provides relevant protection.

Sending to Europe possible, ask me for cost estimate. Now with limited free shipping. 

b3_1.jpg

b3_2.jpg

b3_3.jpg

b3_4.jpg

b3_5.jpg

b3_5a.jpg

b3_6.jpg

Edited by koval123
sold
  • Like 6

@NikNik: good point, most of Web search results say B3 or B4 for 3-pot preamp and smaller brass bridge. B2 had 4-pot config and gotoh zinc-alloy bridge. Possibly mine is B4 but B3 is not far from the truth, I guess. 

Mystery solved, I found this Blade leaflet copy, small but clear enough:

Blade_Leaflet.jpg

Edited by koval123

On 26/09/2020 at 13:13, koval123 said:

@NikNik: good point, most of Web search results say B3 or B4 for 3-pot preamp and smaller brass bridge. B2 had 4-pot config and gotoh zinc-alloy bridge. Possibly mine is B4 but B3 is not far from the truth, I guess. 

Mystery solved, I found this Blade leaflet copy, small but clear enough:

Blade_Leaflet.jpg

Ahhh...well done!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 5-string version of this bass (the Penta), and it's great. I can't believe this one hasn't gone at £650 - what a bargain. I think they retailed at over £1000 new. Yolanda Charles played one of these in recent years, on recordings, live and in online videos. (She's now moved to a Fender 5 I think).

At twice the price this would still be the bargain of the year. Can't think of a cleaner and straight forward Jazz bass than this. Unfortunately I only play 5 strings otherwise I'd bought it in a heartbeat. 

Somebody will be a very happy future owner of this beauty.

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic