Why become a member? ×

SOLD Peavey Fury.
£150
Dorset

alyctes

Peavey Fury.

A nicely-made, uncomplicated, quality bass, made in the USA in the mid to late 1980s.

It's a passive, bolt-on four-string with a ridiculously skinny neck (37mm at the nut) and an aggressive P-sounding pickup.
Weight is 3.9 kg, or 8.5 pounds in old money.
Controls are tone and volume.  I've no idea what the strings are.  The action is reasonably low; I'm sure it would benefit from a setup.

I had it from BCer Paul S in 2014, on my quest for the skinniest neck known to man; since when it's mostly sat in a case.  I've never gigged it.  
It's not being used, and I need the space and the money.

It has some minor dings, but nothing major; it's in good nick for its age.  The trussrod turns well (a Gibson TR spanner fits it).
When I plugged it in a week ago I couldn't get any sound out of it; I took the scratchplate off and applied some contact cleaner, and it's been fine since then, but I've reduced the price somewhat to reflect the possibility it will need the electrics looking at.  The volume pot has a whisper on it when the volume is changed.

£150 plus shipping (at cost), bank transfer preferred; I'd prefer not to send outside the UK.  I will pack it in a cardboard bass box, in a cheapo unpadded gig bag, all suitably stuffed with bubblewrap; or I can use a battered generic hard-case if necessary for an extra £10 (it's very battered :) ).  Alternatively, I'm happy to meet in a 50-mile radius, and I'm intending to go to north Wales late this week.

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0920.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG

IMG_0915.JPG

IMG_0911.JPG

IMG_0910.JPG

IMG_0914.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG

IMG_0909.JPG

IMG_0912.JPG