Why become a member? ×

music man 5 20th anniversary bass advice

busccini

HI,

Maybe can someone help me im thinking in to buy a music man 20 th anniversary , there is a big price diference betwen a regular one and those anniversary basses?

one like those are like 1800 pounds a regular are 1300 pounds.

maybe someone help me with my decision ,

thanks and cheers.

alexis

13 hours ago, OliverBlackman said:

Yes definitely. Played a HS version at a trade show and it was significantly better than the 4 string I had at the time. The neck was much more comfortable and it had a lot more balls.

However, IMO the 30th anniversary is a much bigger leap and the new specials aren’t far off that. 

thanks for the info , in your opinion 1800 pounds will be a fear price for a 20 th anniversary 5 strings bass from musicman?

many thanks for your help it was really dificult to find info about this basses

1 hour ago, busccini said:

thanks for the info , in your opinion 1800 pounds will be a fear price for a 20 th anniversary 5 strings bass from musicman?

many thanks for your help it was really dificult to find info about this basses

Not fair for me, I’d be looking at a used special for that price. 
Stingray 5s were £6-800 when I had mine though and now are £8-1100 so it makes sense that prices would go up a bit for the anniversary models but not that much. It depends how much you like it though, they don’t come up very often. 

I  would reserve judgement until I had seen the condition, but yes, as others have said, for £1800 it would have to be in very good nick. That said, that 20th Anniversary Stingray 5 was an exceptionally good bass, albeit a bit on the heavy side. Arguably the best-sounding Stingray 5 ever. One of the better EBMM Special Editions because it was substantively different( and better) than the standard model. 

As ever, the laws of supply and demand are applicable, and if I had one to sell in good condition I would be asking £1800 too. Whether I would  find a buyer is anybody's guess, but if you really want one where else would you get one? If you can find one at a better price, buy that one. That would be my attitude. 

Edited by Misdee