Why become a member? ×

New For Harley Benton Fans

stewblack

The finish is actually brown even though it looks red.

The progressive series is old but I like them. So much so that i bought 3 of them. They're really lightweight, flexible with the pickups, and can provide a good upgrade platform if necessary. There seems to be an issue with them eating batteries though, and I've noticed that with some of mine, so I only use with in passive mode. I think the feel of them is fantastic though, and awesome value for money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stewblack said:

No. Others disagree, but any changes I've made have been made for fun, not necessity. 

Tbh, in the video review posted above, I think the 4 sounds better than a lot of the actual MM reviews sound. Which isn’t to say the bass itself sounds better, but it shows it’s capable of sounding perfectly fine. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheLowDown said:

There seems to be an issue with them eating batteries though

Whether this has been addressed or not I can't say. I can say I put a Lidl rechargeable 9v in mine sometime early this year and when I picked it up today it was still fine. 

12 hours ago, 4000 said:

Tbh, in the video review posted above, I think the 4 sounds better than a lot of the actual MM reviews sound. Which isn’t to say the bass itself sounds better, but it shows it’s capable of sounding perfectly fine. 

The chap playing in that video would make anything sound good ☺️

But I agree, it is a winner!

In the pictures  the standard MB4 looks fractionally different to the black one...pickup in a slightly different position, slightly different shape to the pickguard.  I don't know if theats an old pic that Thomann are using or if it really is different to the black one.

Certainly theyre both Basswood, same pickups, etc.

Edited by Bassfinger
  • Like 1