Jon Thorne

SOLD Super Flexible Double Bass Solo Gauge Strings Thomastik Rope Core Chrome Wound
£90
Cowes Isle Of Wight

Super Flexible Solo Gauge Thomastik Rope Core Chrome Wound 

Put on my bass once for a day but my bass didn’t suit the lighter tension at orchestral pitch, then carefully removed so condition is as new.

As used by Thomas Morgan.

Posted to be signed for from the Isle Of Wight.

All the best

CF066F45-EE6E-49F4-937B-801D277096BC.jpeg

16AC5393-70BB-4D6C-AD50-EF48919C9799.jpeg

E0215864-3C85-4898-BD04-F1D11DE2C1D3.jpeg

AFA0320B-5DD3-4B39-B98C-5F53377BE7B1.jpeg

327C8591-D338-4227-AAEE-5FDEAE62096A.jpeg

Edited by Jon Thorne
Sold

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By chyc
      I seek the collective wisdom of the bass-hive mind. On my upright is an 11 year old set of Pirastro Obligatos. I cannot remember what it sounded like 11 years ago and Obligatos are famed for being warm with less definition and my ears are surely degraded in that time, but I swear it's far deader and woolly now than when new.
      Trouble is bass strings are a not insignificant chunk of change now and I'm not one for wasting strings that can be restored. On my electric one very nice trick I've used successfully is the detune and slap technique. This fairly obviously cannot be done on my upright so does anyone have any tips for bringing a bit of life into strings, particularly Obligatos?
      Failing that, what's the general feel for arco and pizz strings these days? I totally get it's personal, but it's been 11 years since I last looked and there are brands I've never heard of now and I don't know where to start! At the time I really liked the sound of Spirocore when plucked, but the scratch when bowed put me off. Is there a proper hybrid on the market now?

• By AKA
      A Free Ernie Ball 130 Gauge Bass string, brand new string, I recently Brought a Second hand 4 string Fender precision 
      which came with a brand new set of strings for a 5 string Bass!! so not required here!! 

IMG_3894.HEIC
    • By 1966powers
      I sell this beautiful Eminence Upright Acoustic Bass.
      The finish of this instrument is totally different from the others as it has a french polish.
      Sound very similar to amplified double bass. It has a Realist pickup installed.
      Foldable stand. 
       Padded soft bag (20mm foam) with handles and back straps.
      I give a Krivo magnetic pick up.

Specs: 
      Length: 1,60 m ( 62,99 in) Without endpin. 
      Weight: 6 kg. (13,22 lb) Incl. gigbag
      Neck: Maple.      Fingerboard: Ebony. 
      Top: Laminate Spruce.     Back: Laminated Flamed Maple.
      Ribs: Laminated Flamed Maple. 7,6 cm. (2,99 in)
      Scale: 105 cm. (41,33 in)
      Body Size: 26 x 82 cm. ( 10,23 x 32,28 in)
      Bassbar and Soundpost: Spruce.
      Bridge: Maple adjustable.
      Tailpiece: Solid Brass.
      Removable Wooden Waist Extension. 
      Anti-rotational endpin, the Steady-Foot.

• By henry norton
      Gear 4 Music laminate double bass. A couple of repairs (including one to the front) and setup a few years ago. See pics. Nice sound, easy to play. Half size but perfectly useable by full size adult (I'm 5'10"), easier to transport than 3/4 size and obviously good for the shorter of stature. D and G gut strings, E and A are steels. Good for both Arco and Pizz. Comes with a lightweight rigid case and a French bow. Available in Hertfordshire but can bring to Cambridge if required.
      Open to sensible offers.

• By levelken
      Hi IM LOOKING ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR DOUBLE BASS LUTHIERS NEAR DUNDEE, PERTH OR EDINBURGH.
      I WANT TO GET ACTION LOWERED AND MY DOUBLE BASS SET UP CORRECTLY.
      ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
      THANKS!!