Why become a member? ×

Strings?

Triumph_Rock

So my bass guitar is a Westfield EB3, which has a 34" scale length. I thought it might be good to invest in some better strings that came with the guitar. So I've ordered some Sit DE45105L 45-105 Dave Ellefson Bass Signature Set Guitar String. The gauges are 045 - 065 - 085 - 105. Will these gauges compare well to the standard bass strings that came on my Westfield? Or will it be a case of having to get a new nut fitted suited to these strings?

8 hours ago, Triumph_Rock said:

Nothing particularly, just wanted to try a different set of strings, I bought this bass secondhand, and it has been for sale for over a year I think. So I thought it might do well to try a set of fresh strings.

Good idea. A new set of strings and a little setup can work wonders, and breathe new life into your bass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hobbayne said:

Good idea. A new set of strings and a little setup can work wonders, and breathe new life into your bass.

Yes that's what I thought. I'm actually thinking of doing a few tweaks to this bass. Might fit Grover vintage bass machines 142 series heads. Reason for that the copies on it on the E string, some times it can be hard to fine tune.